Traveling with marijuana/edibles

Cheech & Chong

It is interesting to note that this thread was begun by a new forum member on Sept. 4. They returned on Sept. 15 but made no post and have not signed in since. Could it be that we had a troll visit and the responses didn't go the way expected? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Sounds about right Kirk.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 1/3/2021 at 11:29 AM, Lou Schneider said:

Maybe it was because I was alone in an older motorhome with CA license plates and fit some profile, who knows? 

He never said why?  What do you look like?  Long hair, beard, tats, shabby clothes...? sometimes they profile based on your looks.  Radical bumper stickers, flags, questionable running condition?

Edited by hemsteadc

58 minutes ago, hemsteadc said:

He never said why?  What do you look like?  Long hair, beard, tats, shabby clothes...? sometimes they profile based on your looks.  Radical bumper stickers, flags, questionable running condition?

No, no, and no, usually jeans and a pocket tee shirt in good condition.  If you've ever been to an Escapade you probably saw me running the sound board in the big room.  No bumper stickers or flags, just a small, older motorhome and a car with some paint fading from the desert sun but both clean and mechanically sound.

Like I said, I'm sure I fit some profile, probably being alone in an older motorhome from CA where they allowed small quantities of pot for personal use.  Illinois doesn't.

I only posted this because RVs may come under increased scrutiny since the Memphis bombing and finding a "harmless" amount of something that is legal in some states won't be so harmless in others.

Edited by Lou Schneider

8 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Sometimes it is looks coupled with the location.  Years ago  I was stopped on I30 barely east of Rockwall Tx driving a clean work van with a blacked out rear window so the crooks couldn't windowshop. Dressed clean.  I started to step out of the vehicle before he approached and had been watching him in the side view mirror.  His demeanor changed immediatly as I don't believe I was what he was expecting. It became a courtesy stop as supposedly had not signaled a lane change.  I knew better and before he left I got him to observe while I check to make sure all my lights were functioning properly.   Several years later in almost the exact spot I had a repeat by a different officer and I was driving a different vehicle and again a courtesy stop.  That was almost the same spot where they stopped a former Dallas Cowboys play and discovered  a LOT of marijuana.

Legal to buy edibles and marijuana. Dispensaries are open but they do keep track of who buys. It started end of 2019 or beginning of 3020. Thought it was funny when they showed the people lined up for blocks. The news made it to seem like all those people were trying it for the first. I think there was a 30% tax on it or close to it. Then the people complained about how high the tax was. 

• 7 months later...

It's cool that the states are legalizing medical marijuana. Given how much research there is on this topic and the fact that it really helps people, it should have been legalized a long time ago. I myself use MK ultra strain to get rid of insomnia and headaches. It's a pity that not all states have legalized this yet. I wouldn't take any chances on your case. To begin with, it is better to find out where it is not legalized, so as not to have any problems with the law. I am sure that you can have serious problems because of this. At the very least, you are doing something illegal.

Edited by BellFaith

Come on people Willie does not ex hail. I did not know weed was legal in IL. Until we all met back in April. Friend of ours, had an ounce with her. Now we were in Ky, and she was not worried one bit.

If it had been me, nope not going anywhere with it. Shoot I use CBD and have for over 3 years. Ordered a big order a week ago. Even though its legal. Still will not even take any of it with me on trips. Now I will tale the CBD oil but not the bud.

Also sure nice to spend $50 per 6 months. Rather then $150 per month on the oil.

event.png

I remember when I tried gummies back in 2020 just after we got here and just before the pandemic. I quit a 3 pack a day cigarette habit back in 2010 along with alcohol so no smoking anything for me. I do like that you can select one with just a little THC and a lot of CBD here. Some folks have issues and hen I was coming out that first time some yahoo in a work pickup drove by and made a point of yelling some obscenities at me from 50 feet away and "Yeah you go ahead an use the expletive!" So even here it is legal there are folks that didn't get the memo or tore it up. Regardless, like when I drank alcohol but was not a drunk, I did not drive under the influence. I didn't care about the law or hurting others. I might hurt me or my car or both! If you take care of number one, rationally and factually, everyone else is covered too.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• Kirk W locked this topic