VA Hospital/Clinics locked and guarded

agesilaus

agesilaus

Glad it worked out for you.   Mine are Resound.  The thing I like about mine the most is that they are bluetooth and I have the TV unit with remote.  I can turn the TV down to zero and just hit the button on the remote and the TV sound goes right to my hearing aids.  I can adjust the volume on the remote and the wife loves it that the TV cannot be heard anywhere in the house.  If she comes into my office to watch something with me she often says please turn up the TV so I can hear it.  My brother had the top of the line Phonak rechargeable ones that were like $2,500 each back in 2015/16 when he got them and they are not even bluethtooth.

Dennis

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

OK I drop them off, M-F 8:30-11:00 AM and they fix or replace. More after I go. I have the resound units too. They aggravate me because the mics pick up five feet behind me better than two feet in front.

Now these are my first hearing aids and I've only had them a year or two. So there were some surprises like the behind the ear type i just mentioned.

I got the medallion with mine I wear to listen to the stream from my phone. I'm also surprised at how tinny mine sound. Hardly any bass and all treble. For TV we each have our own on-ear and around-ear Bluetooth headphones and they are as good as my in ear wired earbuds! But when they were working I could EQ them for bass AND voices.

I'll update after.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

My current VA supplied hearing aids are BTE's from Signia. They have sealed rechargeable batteries and came with a remote control/microphone unit that can connect to my phone, a Bluetooth TV adapter, and a contactless induction charger. There's also a phone app for them that gives me volume control,  directional control, tone control, TV volume control, and several pre-programmed profiles for various sound situations. The directional control is particularly useful in situations like restaurants where noise from the rear and sides can make understanding someone across the table difficult. The app lets me "aim" a variable width beam as needed that helps a lot in those conditions. Oh, and probably most important to me is the very effective tinnitus reduction technology. I understand the retail price for these without the remote and TV accessories is about $6,000 for the pair.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Mine supposedly has an iPhone app but nothing for android when I got it. But now checking my phone I see there is an oticon app, I'll have to see what it can do. I doubt it works as well as yours does tho.

OK it works but I'll have to wait for my right aid to get here, it wants to pair both of them.

Thanks for the reminder

Edited by agesilaus

MY REsound has their own app and I can change EQ settings for bass etc, it also has separate background noise and wind noise settings, in addition to separate volume controls for each. They set me up with two presets, one for "Normal" and another for "Restaurant." I've added another for more bass and less treble, more mid range voice freqs.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire