what the heck do you call this?

house

Sorry this is not HDT Specific, but I need help identifying this part.  my toilet started squirting out water all over the place then this fitting finally let go, i assume it is an RV specific part or a high highly specific plumbing part but I need it to make my water system work so any help you can offer would be great! here is a picture.

jr6RwK6l.jpg

Do not know what it is called, but look in your paper work for the rig. Some toilet papers have a parts list.

Take the part to ACE Hardware, they may have one, are know where to get one. 

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

It looks like a water hammer arrestor from what I can see. Many styles are available. It would be ok to cap the line off temporarily to get you back in business.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Water-Hammer-Arrestors-10951000

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

From the pic it looks like this is part of your toilet water valve - your better off just to replace the valve, you can't buy individual parts.  Grab your model # off your toilet and look up the replacement valve - local RV place should carry one for you.

Mark

2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
2020 Momentum 376THS
We're both proud USAF Retirees...

PS: while you're at it, it would be wise to add a quarter turn shut off valve too. I'd place it on the feed line a few inches below the BFPASV.  RV toilets are famous for the fill valve ON the toilet to fail which then allow water to flow freely. Once failed, as long as there's water in your tank, the black tank will fill completely, then fill the toilet and the, overflow into the RV.A quarter turn valve allows you to QUICKLY shut water going to the toile off.  One last thing, while you're working there, consider adding a hand held sprayer which will make cleaning the toilet easier.

2007 Freightliner Sportchassis M2 106

2014 Raptor 4014LEV with 17.5 tires and a residential frig.

9 minutes ago, Oilburner-dave said:

Why would the fresh water line to a toilet have one of those on it?

why not remove the head unit in question , plug the feed line and try the toilet .

If it works , great . 

I'm wondering if it had something to do with a possible spray feature for cleaning purposes .

And , the above linked ABS line vent is meant for drains , not pressurized water lines .

Goes around , comes around .

So we are all on the same page, isn't this the main line going to the toilet and the black piece broke off of the valve?

The model # is directly behind the toilet - either a mirror or if you can your phone - take a picture.

Mark

2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
2020 Momentum 376THS
We're both proud USAF Retirees...

9 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

It looks like a water hammer arrestor from what I can see. Many styles are available. It would be ok to cap the line off temporarily to get you back in business.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Water-Hammer-Arrestors-10951000

quite a pun🤓

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

18 hours ago, COFLTravler said:

From the pic it looks like this is part of your toilet water valve - your better off just to replace the valve, you can't buy individual parts.  Grab your model # off your toilet and look up the replacement valve - local RV place should carry one for you.

Mark

Agreed, it is an RV application, check the manual, get the model from the pedestal and call your RV parts supplier.  Works for me.  Mine has been repaired X2.

Looking at the picture I see a black ring just beside the small water line that has a hose clamp on it.  I'm wondering if the hose end your talking about inserted into that black ring.  Don't know what its for but that looks to me like where it came from.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Looks to me like the sprayer that comes with some toilets for cleanup.  Just buy a new sprayer with hose and attach it to the toilet where the hose clamp is.

Here's what the one for Thedford looks like https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-TH24884-24884-Hand-Spray/dp/B002UC4X5O/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=rv+toilet+sprayer&qid=1598203227&sr=8-8

718JvV00dXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by durangodon

• 2 weeks later...