Improving suspension on a 2016 Serenity Leisure Van

crstrm

Hi,

I own a 2016 Serenity (Class B motorhome) manufactured by Leisure Travel Vans. The coach is built on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2WD 3500 chassis with rear duallys and I have an issue with stability. From what I have read, this is a common problem with this MH. The MH sways in high winds or passing trucks. On windy days I have to hang onto the wheel tightly. I do not plan on off road traveling. To address this issue, I was thinking about purchasing these components and having a mechanic install them.

1.       Hellwig Sway Bar

2.      Sumo Springs – SSF-106-47  Front and SSR-338-54 Rear. Are the rear springs necessary?

3.       Rear Fox Shocks 2.5

-OR-

1.       Hellwig Sway Bar

2.      Front Sumo Springs SSF-106-47 

3.       Rear Timbren SES Suspension Enhancement System MBRSP35A SES

4.      Rear Fox Shocks 2.5

Would it be better to install each component one at a time? If so, what should be the purchased order?       

Agile Off Road in California (https://agileoffroad.com/rip-kit-mercedes-sprinter/#1564700152114-17e32dbe-fec6) has a package called Sprinter 3500 2WD RIP Kit – Starting at $3200 (plus installation). That’s more then I want to spend.

Any recommendations/suggestions would be appreciated.

2016 Leisure Travel Van Serenity S24CB

With the caveat that my experience was with a class A, I'll offer an opinion, since the principals are the same even though the chassis are different. In both cases it is a matter of a wind catching body at the high end of the GVWR that is causing the issues. 

I would  go with:

1.       Hellwig Sway Bar

2.       Rear Fox Shocks 2.5

I would try things between to see if the next is needed. You may find that the sway bar is all that you really need. I would also consider one of the trac-bar systems from some of the other manufacturers if you have not done so. Since we went back to a towable RV several years ago I am not current on that type of equipment. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI