No ABC on Dish in Denver

Spot beam is out of Denver.  Apparently Scripps owns ABC in this area, and they have pulled their broadcast from Dish while negotiating rates.

Is there a way for me to find a spot beam within range of my receiver that is still broadcasting ABC?  OTA is useless in my location and I don't care about local news, just the prime time shows and General Hospital for the wife.

I do not know how much overlap there may be in spot beams. If there was a second ABC affiliate, I would think it would show up in your channel guide. If you can stream video and have enough data in your cellular plan, the  Locast Website says it is available in the Denver area. Check it out to see if it includes the local ABC station.  

7 hours ago, remoandiris said:

Spot beam is out of Denver.  Apparently Scripps owns ABC in this area, and they have pulled their broadcast from Dish while negotiating rates.

Is there a way for me to find a spot beam within range of my receiver that is still broadcasting ABC?  OTA is useless in my location and I don't care about local news, just the prime time shows and General Hospital for the wife.

If you're using the western arc and local news is not an issue, you could change your service address to Billings, MT. That DMA is on a CONUS beam that covers the entire lower 48 states. If you're on the eastern arc, try Ft Wayne, IN. I haven't checked those DMA's for Scripps stations though...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

13 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

If you're using the western arc and local news is not an issue, you could change your service address to Billings, MT. 

Seems as though I saw a list here awhile back that listed all the CONUS stations across the U.S.  As I recall, most broadcast in SD with maybe two or three broadcasting in HD.  Is Billings SD or HD do you know?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

3 hours ago, LindaH said:

Seems as though I saw a list here awhile back that listed all the CONUS stations across the U.S.  As I recall, most broadcast in SD with maybe two or three broadcasting in HD.  Is Billings SD or HD do you know?

Here's my current complete list, Linda. Billings and Ft Wayne are both in HD. I suggested the two I thought would work best for their Denver location, but any of them will work if they can receive the relevant satellites.

Baltimore, MD (SD)        119
Billings, MT (HD)        129
Casper, WY (HD)          77
Charlottesville, VA (HD)      77
Cincinnati, OH (HD)          77
Davenport, IA (HD)          77
Evansville, IN (HD)          77
Ft Wayne, IN (HD)          61.5
Great Falls, MT (SD)        119
Lexington, KY (HD)          77
Little Rock, AR (HD)          77
Louisville, KY(HD)          77
New York City (SD)        119
Paducah, KY(HD)          77
Sacramento, CA (HD)        119
Springfield, MO (HD)           77

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Your other option is to subscribe to the Distant Network service from Dish. The 4 networks are out of Los Angeles. It is a bit involved and you have to prove you have an RV. They only work with Dish Wally's or VIP  211 Receivers.

You will have to call Dish to set it up. Be warned it is a drawn out process.

18 hours ago, richardbetsey said:

Your other option is to subscribe to the Distant Network service from Dish. The 4 networks are out of Los Angeles. It is a bit involved and you have to prove you have an RV. They only work with Dish Wally's or VIP  211 Receivers.

I wonder why they would only work with 2 receivers?  We just upgraded to a Hopper 3, so this wouldn't work out for us. 

Los Angeles channels wouldn't be good for us, anyway, since we turn off the TV at 9:00PM to start getting ready for bed.  Since we boondock, we turn off the inverter and, thus, power to the receiver, so wouldn't be able to record the last two hours of prime time.  When we were DirecTV customers and were still able to receive both coasts, we loved getting New York stations because we were done with prime time early in the evening!

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

21 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Here's my current complete list, Linda. Billings and Ft Wayne are both in HD. I suggested the two I thought would work best for their Denver location, but any of them will work if they can receive the relevant satellites.

Thanks for the list!  I'm going to save it this time.

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul