Covid 19 with Mobile rv repair

Wrknrvr

I have stopped my rv repair business about 95 percent. I still have my number for people to call.

With all the calls this summer for work,,,,,,       I have not had one customer mention precautions about this Covid thing. About being safe for me or them??????

What is it that some people cannot grasp.

Yesterday I was in a exclusive rv resort.    What the h.      El do these people think. They are walking around stopping to see where I have been this summer. Walking into other private lots and acting like it is 2019 all over again.

I did not see one mask.

I have much more in life to do than try and hurt someone.

i am free from customers,    Vern

Because we had an air conditioning failure, we had to have a mobile repair service working on our MH this week.  The technician saw that I was wearing a mask and asked if I wanted him to wear one.  I told him that I would appreciate it, so he did.  Not a big deal.

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

27 minutes ago, Rich&Sylvia said:

We were in Montana last month and mask-non-compliance was rampant.
In Washington State, mask wearing is so common that it borders on the ridiculous - people out walking are commonly seen wearing masks.

We walk every day and find that people get quite close when passing each other while walking, especially when bikers are on the same trail.  So we have our masks ready and put them on when people are close by.  BTW: We are in Washington and it is not surprising that people are more aware here, since it was the first hotspot.  Even said, in Wal-Mart and grocery stores most ignore the one way arrows in the aisles.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

52 minutes ago, Rich&Sylvia said:

We were in Montana last month and mask-non-compliance was rampant.
In Washington State, mask wearing is so common that it borders on the ridiculous - people out walking are commonly seen wearing masks.

Curious as to why you think suggestions given by medical professions are "ridiculous".  Do you think the ostrich, "head in the sand approach " mentality that some  people have adopted has maybe resulted in part to  some of the 160000 +- people losing their life to this reality?

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

1 hour ago, jc2 said:

Curious as to why you think suggestions given by medical professions are "ridiculous".  Do you think the ostrich, "head in the sand approach " mentality that some  people have adopted has maybe resulted in part to  some of the 160000 +- people losing their life to this reality?

The ridiculous part is that you can see people driving their car, ALONE, wearing a mask or walking outside with no one within 50 yards of them, wearing a mask.

The news has shown people fishing in a BOAT by themselves, wearing a mask.

What would you call it?

Edited by GeorgiaHybrid

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

2 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

The ridiculous part is that you can see people driving their car, ALONE, wearing a mask or walking outside with no one within 50 yards of them, wearing a mask.

The news has shown people fishing in a BOAT by themselves, wearing a mask.

What would you call it?

Prudence.

I was a professional Medical Laboratory Technologist for several years in the USAF, not a phlebotomist which is all most see who send it off but the guy who drew blood as only a small part of our tasks . I did all of the hematology, parasitology, chemistry, urinalysis, pathology, cultures identification of organisms and sensitivity testing to various antibiotics. And mush more. I also served as our hospital infection control officer and did agar plates on surfaces and then saw what was growing and where.

Daniel Moynihan said once that: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but no one is entitled to their own facts."

Here are the facts about droplet and airborne infection vectors.

1. Covid19 is passed by droplet infection.  It is passed from person to person from just talking within a few feet, six feet being the standard cited. That was vital to know if it was just droplet infection from talking.

Good video here showing droplets: https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/video-shows-how-far-droplets-spray#:~:text=A speaker shows how droplets are released during,single human hair is about 90 microns across).

Here is one that has specific recommendations for PPE.

But at 18 minutes many won't watch out in the world due to mixing up pathogens with politics. Politics has no place here, nor in Covid19 discussions.

My son and wife are entering civil service and will fly to Germany in September with their kids. All we can do is hope. They are both nurses and my DIL works with Covid19 ICU patient overflow. She is a surgical ICU nurse. My son is an ortho surgery and clinic nurse, both BSRNs. That was a 12 hour flight last time I flew it in the 90s many times while assigned there for seven years. Jet lag was a bitch.

Our grand-kids ages 2 and 5, are now wearing masks outdoors and doing well. I stay home except for windshield tours with my wife in our new car just to break the monotony.and my wife does the food shopping, we do masks outdoors and since I wear hearing aids behind my ears, I even leave mine on in the car if I have a second stop to make because it is a pain to get the elastics around my ears just right where my receiving microphones aren't blocked by my glasses or elastics. So sometimes, since once it is on and situated right for my hearing, and is comfortable, I am too lazy to take it on and off. I always wore and wear a mask when mowing anyway so when folks walk by I am masked too.

YBz6BHFl.jpg

It is beneficial that we are new here and have only one friend here from SKPs we've met, and another staying in Denver and understands our no visits or visiting personal policies.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

2 hours ago, RV_ said:

Daniel Moynihan said once that: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but no one is entitled to their own facts."

I especially enjoyed the poster of Dr. Fauci. As one who has been a politically conservative voter since the election of 1964, but that doesn't change the medical facts at all. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

I especially enjoyed the poster of Dr. Fauci. As one who has been a politically conservative voter since the election of 1964, but that doesn't change the medical facts at all. 

Kirk,

I'm confused by your response. What medical facts was I trying to change with that non political joke meme? I agree with Dr. Fauci and know that his recommendations are facts, and have nothing to do with how anyone votes. Please don't stir up the partisanship.

I tell anyone who disagrees with the science to please show me their degrees and their years doing biomedical lab work. Or the links to peer reviewed professional's papers and recommendations. As well if one  says they just know I ask them for the location of their laboratory so they can show their proof. I also don't go with just one doctor or scientist. I look for peer reviewed papers and discussions when I am looking for which doc is reporting real testing and findings not when I find two who disagree. People who say they have friends and relatives who said that same thing goes.

If you want to mention yours or the politics of others, please feel free to email me for my phone number. Then we can cuss, discuss, but just not here against the SKPs rules. Thanks. 

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

1 hour ago, Rich&Sylvia said:

I resent those who extrapolate false presumptions.

I will take scientific data, over beliefs and thoughts any day.  The virus is real and it is here.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

RV/Derek, thank you for posting that information. That was well written and presented. I am slowly learning how to sort the grain from the chafe, that was all grain. I allowed myself to get away from fact-checking for a time and I'm attempting to correct that lapse.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I especially enjoyed the poster of Dr. Fauci.

Me too but I  think they should change it from rednecks to Dumb A----s.  There are all different kinds of rednecks.  IE; Jeff Foxworthy and me. And a fair number of rednecks are also Dumb A---s.

Derek, I may be reading it different but I didn't think Kirk was referring to you just people in general that deny facts.

Uh oh, the poster is partly wrong in the first statement.  He may have spent 50 years of his working life studying but he was  born in 1940 and is 79.  Still pretty damn smart and he sure is able to put up with a lot of crap to try and save peoples lives.

Just so I won't be left out I think I will go on some site and call him a fraud and threaten his life and his family.   (THIS STATEMENT IS A DEMENTED STATEMENT TO MAKE A POINT.  for what it is worth)

Edited by bigjim
new observation of the poster

I think a lot of people that question Dr Fauci's statements forget that his facts are backed by the work of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases that he heads and other health research institutions.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

14 hours ago, TXiceman said:

I will take scientific data, over beliefs and thoughts any day.  The virus is real and it is here.

Ken

Absolutely.  And less than 3/4 of 1% of the US population is currently infected.  Plus, half of the 5 million cumulative number of infected in the US have recovered.  The ~170,00 who died are a great loss.  I wonder how many actually died of Covid and how many actually died of an underlying condition that Covid worsened.  Since so many death certificates seem to list only Covid, we will probably never know.  This virus may be with us for a lot longer than anyone expects.

24 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

Absolutely.  And less than 3/4 of 1% of the US population is currently infected.  Plus, half of the 5 million cumulative number of infected in the US have recovered.  The ~170,00 who died are a great loss.  I wonder how many actually died of Covid and how many actually died of an underlying condition that Covid worsened.  Since so many death certificates seem to list only Covid, we will probably never know.  This virus may be with us for a lot longer than anyone expects.

Lots of people have "recovered" that will be dealing with the damage to their bodies for the rest of their lives, lungs, sense of smell and taste and more.  Many have underlying conditions that will not kill them on their own, so if having Covid kills them, Covid is the reason they died.  We require seat belts in cars, we try not to have wars, all to save a smaller number of deaths than Covid.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

1 hour ago, Bill Joyce said:

Lots of people have "recovered" that will be dealing with the damage to their bodies for the rest of their lives, lungs, sense of smell and taste and more.  Many have underlying conditions that will not kill them on their own, so if having Covid kills them, Covid is the reason they died.  We require seat belts in cars, we try not to have wars, all to save a smaller number of deaths than Covid.

Much of what you wrote could be why there is such uncertainty about Covid.  There is no telling what the future will hold.

21 hours ago, RV_ said:

Kirk,

I'm confused by your response. What medical facts was I trying to change with that non political joke meme? I agree with Dr. Fauci and know that his recommendations are facts, and have nothing to do with how anyone votes. Please don't stir up the partisanship.

Now I'm confused???  I thought that I was agreeing with what you posted..........   

We have 3 nurses in the family who are involved in this fight and it is a health issue and should never have been made political, by anyone. 

Edited by Kirk W

12 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

how many actually died of an underlying

If the underlying was what takes you due to being triggered or exacerbated by the Covid then I think the covid still gets the score or blame if you will.

Edited by bigjim
because I think faster than I type--barely

On 8/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, Kirk W said:

Now I'm confused???  I thought that I was agreeing with what you posted..........   

We have 3 nurses in the family who are involved in this fight and it is a health issue and should never have been made political, by anyone. 

Thanks, that's why I asked. No harm no foul.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I still love the poster.

I don't know how to get it out there but someone sent me a pic of a Panhandler at a street corner with a sign saying he was collecting to build a time machine to go back to 1945 to give someone a condom. I am afraid to say anymore as it could be considered political. I do still find his approach to getting money as creative and therefore humoruous in concept.

Edited by bigjim

8 hours ago, bigjim said:

I don't know how to get it out there but someone sent me a pic of a Panhandler at a street corner wit a sign saying he was collecting to build a time machine to go back to 1945 to give someone a condom.

It is probably better that you didn't post that one, but most of us here would have suggestions for whose parent should be given one. The problem comes in choosing who to give it to.   🤪 You might need to take a case of them!