To go or not to go...that is the question?

ToddF

The answer to the original question (To go or not to go) may be a no for those in a high risk category. Or if your camping revolves heavily around socializing with others, might as well stay home since all group activities are suspended until the pandemic is over. See an article today that masks and social distancing could be needed for "years". So we rv'ers need to figure this out so we can travel and camp without outsized risks. Thanks everyone for your input. I will update this thread from NJ next month and let you know how their 14 day quarintine order affects me if it is still in place.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:34 PM, ToddF said:

...it's possible I had the virus and was non symptomatic and recovered from it....I plan to have another test right before I leave Minnesota on Sept 10 to confirm that I am still negative...

Any chance you can get an anti-body test? If it comes out positive, that would be really good to know.

Antibody test came back negative. I wish everyone had this kind of access to the testing. So convenient to schedule online and spent less than 15 minutes on site for both tests (Covid 19 and antibody).  When the lockdowns started (only essential travel), I'll admit I wasn't going to stay home with the doors and windows locked. I went to the stores anytime I felt and followed the standard protocols. I reopened my tax office to short appointments for review/signing etc starting in late May. I went outside for walking and biking. I talk to neighbors from a distance. But after trying a few restaurants, decided that wasn't working and now only do take out or drive thru. Also haven't been to the gym since this whole thing started. Also doing some garden work in the association's common areas. I hope everyone finds a path through this thing that works for them. I feel bad for students at all levels, very little they can do to get back into the classrooms under a normal situation without risk.