Help deciding between new small or used big

Jmk

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

That probably is what it means and it is sure to mean that it isn't wired to accept one. Here in TX the vast majority of popup trailers do have a roof air conditioner, but even here the lowest priced models do not. 

I’m probably going with a good quality portable unit, but since summer is almost over, I’m  gonna wait until next summer to go anywhere hot. That will give me a year to decide on an AC. It’s super hot here , but a 2 hr drive gets me up to the mountains where it’s only 85-90. So that’s also something I’m considering 

22 hours ago, Jmk said:

It doesn’t have a vent in the roof, does that mean the roof Ac is not possible? 

It might mean the roof is not built to support the weight of an air conditioner.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

3 minutes ago, sandsys said:

It might mean the roof is not built to support the weight of an air conditioner.

Linda

I was wondering that too, plus I think they’d have to cut a hole and probably add support of some kind. I think I’m going with portable or just going to cooler places in the summer 

15 hours ago, Jmk said:

just going to cooler places in the summer 

That is probably the best answer. Even if possible to add a roof air conditioner, you need to do major modifications and you have add the wiring to supply power. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

That is probably the best answer. Even if possible to add a roof air conditioner, you need to do major modifications and you have add the wiring to supply power. 

I’m definitely skipping the rooftop ac. I’m gonna hold off to next summer on the portable as well. I saw some good ideas on YouTube for portables, but I can wait since summer is almost over. I think the first trip will be up to the white mountains.