Sleek+Mobley

We've had the Sleek for a few years and it's a great booster for the money.  We still use it occasionally, and it will help some, but I'd upgrade to a new hotspot instead.

We have the Netgear Nighthawk and moved the Mobley SIM over to it.  Performance improvement was VERY significant.  Next thing I'd invest in is the Netgear MIMO antenna with TS9 connectors which will plug into the Nighthawk.  The add-on antenna usually isn't needed but when signal is weak, it makes huge difference.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Agree with Jim, netgear is hugh improvement, and the MIMO antenna does better at improving the signal than my weboost amplifier.  I did used to put my mobley in the sleek cradle and it did help.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

I'm running my Mobley SIM in a Netgear Unite Explore 815s hotspot that improved my signal over the Mobley as well as eliminating the 5 device limit. A few days ago I added a pair of directional yagi antennas configured as a 90 degree MiMo pair to the hotspot. My RSRP at this location dropped from about -108 to -96 with a little dialing in and my average test speeds pretty consistently nearly doubled.

Urkpzgwl.jpg

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

1 hour ago, blevtr said:

Been trying to respond to this thread, but the site told me another person had the same email address.  Me, evidently.  Anyway, I'm interested in putting Mobley sim in another hotspot, but concerned that AT&T might decide to get snippy.

You want your PUK codes, which you should be able to get from AT&T, otherwise the SIM will be locked.  Most have just put the SIM into the new device and called tech support to say it was locked and they needed the PUK codes to unlock, of which there are two.  Once unlocked you should disable the SIM lock on the new device.  I did this a couple years ago and have had no trouble since, but I can't remember the details.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

2 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

You want your PUK codes, which you should be able to get from AT&T, otherwise the SIM will be locked.  Most have just put the SIM into the new device and called tech support to say it was locked and they needed the PUK codes to unlock, of which there are two.  Once unlocked you should disable the SIM lock on the new device.  I did this a couple years ago and have had no trouble since, but I can't remember the details.  

I got the PUK codes from ATT and it did not work as the sim locked out. I had to go to an AT&T store and get a new SIM card. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

9 hours ago, blevtr said:

Been trying to respond to this thread, but the site told me another person had the same email address.  Me, evidently.  Anyway, I'm interested in putting Mobley sim in another hotspot, but concerned that AT&T might decide to get snippy.

My Mobley SIM has been in first a Netgear Unite 770s hotspot and now a Netgear Unite Explore 815s hotspot for about 3 years without a peep out of AT&T about it. An AT&T store even replaced a failed SIM for me with no problems.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system