HELP WITH AC RECOMENDATIONS

mistermal

We also have a mini split and it works great.  However if you need something quick and have enough power available a simple window AC  can fill in enough to get by.  We did that years ago when we stayed in AZ one summer.  We just used a pole to help support it.  Quick and dirty but  we stayed comfortable.  

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

We were in Shawnee OK a couple of year ago at rally  it was 104 degrees both  AC's running full blast and it barely kept  80 degrees. We were also  in Apache Junction same deal.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

I have never seen a portable used in an RV but suspect that they would work as long as you can find some way to exhaust the hot air to the outside. I did use one in my shop in east TX some and it worked OK but I had a special panel in one window that the exhaust hose passed through.

Most RVs are not really well enough insulated to be kept cool very well In addition, most also have quite a few air leaks that make the problem much worse. When we were fulltime, I found that the biggest improvement I got was when I went under the RV and sealed all openings with Great Stuff from Lowe's. The other thing that is usually quite effective is to find a way to provide shade for the RV to lower the radiant heat gain from the sun. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Howdy!

We were staying  in Florida a few years ago during the summer and our two ACs on our 5er could not keep up. I purchased a portable AC from Sams club. It did help quite a bite. The one thing you have to deal with is venting the hot air exhaust out. They do provide you with a venting tube to do so and it was easy to vent out one of our windows. I preferred using a portable AC over a window unit as we were moving around from park to park at times. The portable was easier to deal with if and when you do move.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime