Nine seat in HDT

RowHDY

Hi Everyone

I know the title topic is crazy but here is my scenario. 

My crew is me, my wife, 6 kids under 11 and a nanny so a total of 9.

I am trying to find an HDT to buy that has a large enough cab inside. I plan to keep the top bunk bed and remove everything else behind the driver and passenger seat. I can then add a row against the back wall with 4 seats and a middle row with 3 seats.

From my research so far the largest internal standard sleeper appears to be the Freightliner Cascadia sleeper which has the double bunk and is 72”

Can anyone recommend another option or is this my best option?

Also I live in Los Angeles and am trying to find people who could do the internal customization  as well as build the rear bed and mount the air ride 5th wheel hitch - do you know anyone ??

Thank you so much I appreciate any help. 

On 7/31/2020 at 9:15 PM, RowHDY said:

Hi Everyone

I know the title topic is crazy but here is my scenario. 

My crew is me, my wife, 6 kids under 11 and a nanny so a total of 9.

I am trying to find an HDT to buy that has a large enough cab inside. I plan to keep the top bunk bed and remove everything else behind the driver and passenger seat. I can then add a row against the back wall with 4 seats and a middle row with 3 seats.

From my research so far the largest internal standard sleeper appears to be the Freightliner Cascadia sleeper which has the double bunk and is 72”

Can anyone recommend another option or is this my best option?

Also I live in Los Angeles and am trying to find people who could do the internal customization  as well as build the rear bed and mount the air ride 5th wheel hitch - do you know anyone ??

Thank you so much I appreciate any help. 

If 72" isn't long enough you'll need to go the custom route; hence the toter recommendation above (looking to find a toter that someone extended already then put the 2 rows of seats into it).

From the factory; I don't know of any ready to roll options.

2000 volvo 610
2013 cyclone 3950

ontheroad.jpg

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Look for a KW Studio sleeper bed. Wall to wall sofa, converts to a bed when needed.

and it still won't seat 9. 
I can't imagine stuffing nine people into any non custom, stretched (like a limo), HDT. I think they would be better off with another vehicle following. Something like a van or SUV.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

10 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

637285220085557740.jpg

- Sawzall that body off ahead of the door.

- Install on a long daycab haytch de tee. You will need to lift it a bit to get the bubble fairing over the cab of the truck. Which leaves room for

- a set of stairs that deploy below the door

- tie in the HVAC to the truck. Truck engine has plenty of spare torques to run a bus AC. 

Wa la.  Many passengers capability.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

There is a guy down in Texas that got a hold of one of these crew carriers off an old hotshot fire crew truck. I found it on an online auction and posted it on the HDT Facebook page as a joke. This guy bought it and is putting it on his truck to carry his large family. They have independent heat and AC.

https://www.bmefire.com/apparatus/wildland/crew-carriers/

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:20 PM, jenandjon said:

There is a guy down in Texas that got a hold of one of these crew carriers off an old hotshot fire crew truck. I found it on an online auction and posted it on the HDT Facebook page as a joke. This guy bought it and is putting it on his truck to carry his large family. They have independent heat and AC.

https://www.bmefire.com/apparatus/wildland/crew-carriers/

Seems like it might be a good solution for his family. What does something like that cost at auction? How/where would you mount the hitch?

22 hours ago, RoamingRanger said:

Seems like it might be a good solution for his family. What does something like that cost at auction? How/where would you mount the hitch?

I dont remember what it went for. 2 or 3 grand.  If I remember right he was going to have a Travel Trailer instead of the 5th wheel.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.