Full-Timers Medicare Supplement with SKP address

siegmann

I didn’t have a problem switching my insurance over to my Rainbow Drive address in October, when I sold the house in California.  I do miss the group plan I was covered under as long as I was a California resident - drugs were cheaper than the Part D plan I have now.

No problems yet. But for the last few months when I went to Medicare.gov (numerous times) to research available plans, the web page would not recognize the 77399 zip. If I put in 77351, it would show as Polk County, and I could see the available plans for Polk. This got me a little concerned. Just today I went back to Medicare.gov and the web page search format is different. It does not identify the county attached to your zip, it just gives all the plans available in the state of Texas. I have always been able to search for plans at individual insurance companies (UnitedHealthcare, Humana, Mutual of Omaha, etc) with the 77399 zip. So this is probably just all an aside, and no longer a issue to me.

Now here is the real concern. After 9/11 many of my financial providers classified my Rainbow address # as a PMB. And changed it to a PMB, even if I did not. Well,  most of the Medicare Supplement applications have something along the lines of :  

What's your permanent home address?
(Please note: P.O. Box/PMB is not allowed.)

I have read that an insurance company can drop you at any point in the future if you were not truthful on the application. Seems like they could use this as an excuse to cut you loose at any time (you get too expensive?).

The insurance companies must have 1,000's of Medicare Supplement folks with SKP addresses, so they must know it is a PMB/Mail Forwarding Address. I thought maybe someone out there may have had an application rejected for this reason.  

14 minutes ago, siegmann said:

Now here is the real concern. After 9/11 many of my financial providers classified my Rainbow address # as a PMB. And changed it to a PMB, even if I did not.

PMB stands for Private Mail Box, which is exactly what it is. To be legal, all such services must register with the USPS and Escapee's mail service is no exception. The zip code 77399 is assigned to the addresses of the mail service and it directs that mail to be delivered to the Escapee mail room, where the zip 77351 directs mail to the Livingston post office. This was done before we got our Rainbow Drive address, back in 2000. For financial institutions, you must supply an alternative address that can reach you, as mentioned in your thread about domicile. 

We were on the road for 7 years at the time that we became Medicare eligible and signed up for it and for a supplement. I can't recall having had any problems at all. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

OK, so AARP/United says  "P.O. Box/PMB not allowed" for your home address, but Humana only says no "P.O. Box". But then they have you place an APT. # on the line below the street address. I always use the my SKP # on the same line of the street address:

208 Rainbow Drive  #______

That has always worked for me and I feel I'm not misrepresented my address as an apartment. Could others tell me how they fill out their address? 

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I did mine exactly as you show yours to be. But I never bought a supplement through AARP.

Same here.  Try going to the Medicare site and plugging in your address.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel