WIFI Booster Speed Degradation

We have WiFi Camp Pro 2 mounted on our batwing and it seems to me that when we connect to a wifi source, say in a park it reduces the speed dramatically.   Sometimes by as much as 75% as opposed to connecting directly to the park.

I think everything is set up correctly, is this normal?  Is it this way with all boosters?

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4318

2019 F150 KR 4X4 

BlueOx 10K Tow Bar

The description of the WIFI Camp Pro 2 that I read describes it as a booster/repeater. If your use of it introduces another wifi hop (i.e. repeating the signal) in your chain, then some reduction in speed is typical although 75% seems high. The device I saw on Amazon looked like it had an external radio and an internal hotspot. If the hotspot is a router with an ethernet port, try connecting your computer to that and see if you get better speeds.

Some wifi devices like the Ubiquiti Nano Station that I use have more sensitive receivers and more powerful transmitters than most computers or handheld devices. The Nano Station can be used as a wifi adapter connected directly to a computer or to a router by ethernet cable. It can greatly improve connectivity to weak wifi signals and usually provides better speed than the device in the computer. If connections to a router are made by wifi, there is usually some reduction in speed that is inherent in the repeating process.

Note that a strong or stronger wifi signal may not mean faster speeds. The capability of the wifi system and the demands of users will also affect the speed available.