Boondocking around Upper green river lakes WY.

dennisvr

Has anyone boondocked around the Upper Green River Lakes in WY north of Pinedale WY.  Looking at freecampsite.net there shows a few places, but not sure if I can get my rig into them, 40' 5th wheel with HDT.
Also thinking about going on down to Flaming Gorge and boondock or get a NF campsite around there, so if you have any info on that area it would be great.
Thanks

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

We just spent 4 days at New Fork Lake north of Pinedale.

First: The FS cg is horrible, I dubbed the road into the place 'break axle lane', huge ruts, giant potholes and very narrow.

Second: However the area out side the FS CG is all boondocking and quite nice. There are lots of fire rings. Plenty of trees. And lots of room. The road in is OK. You can walk to the warmish water lake from the boondocking area, there is a beach area all around the lake. The road up to the narrows CG is heavily wash-boarded as is the road to Green River lake, we did not check out the cg up there. There are boondocking sites all along those roads.

Third there are dispersed sites along the river. Coming from Pinedale turn right after the Warren Bridge onto the Warren Bridge road, there are at least 7 sites with camping that have fire rings and tables. However these are popular with boaters. Some sites have one spot others have multiple spots. There is a sign at the turn off Warren Rd telling you how many sites at the spot but people camp wherever there is a flat spot. I think Monday thru Wednesday would be your best chance to find a good spot along there.

I have photos but it's almost impossible to load them here

Thanks for the reply.  We went ahead and drove on down to Flaming Gorge.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car