Spam: Song I wrote?

Whats with this spam about watching a song somebody wrote?

I've gotten two of them from two different people, who are doing some kinda of mass mailing...

I just delete them with no action, I do not click on the video or link. Safer that way.

Edited by podwerkz
layout

Nothing to see here. 

44 minutes ago, podwerkz said:

Whats with this spam about watching a song somebody wrote?

I've gotten two of them from two different people, who are doing some kinda of mass mailing...

I just delete them with no action, I do not click on the video or link. Safer that way.

Got the same thing.   Deleted.   What a waste of time.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

I like grilled Spam on a French roll with melted mozzarella cheese covered in marinara sauce. Kinda like a meatball sandwich. Not the kind you get in an email. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

17 hours ago, Second Chance said:

I reported that to the site team yesterday... I guess there's been no action yet.

There HAS been action, just not that you can see.

This person has been flagged as a spammer, but keeps coming back under a different name (so far, he's been here under Taco Time and Josh Roehl).  The Escapees' IT department has been made aware of this spammer and all the information has been sent to them.  They're checking on whether or not there's a way to ban the IP he's using, so, hopefully, we'll get rid of this guy soon.

In the meantime, please don't report the spam (which are being sent via private message) UNLESS you receive one from a name that's different than the above two.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

In many cases, blocking a spammer's IP address is relatively useless since they often use anonymous VPN's that give them a different IP address every time they connect. Between my NordVPN account and my three Internet providers, I may use different IP addresses during the course of a day that change frequently, all quite legitimately. If the spammer is a novice, then IP blocking can be somewhat effective though. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 7/24/2020 at 6:37 AM, Dutch_12078 said:

In many cases, blocking a spammer's IP address is relatively useless since they often use anonymous VPN's that give them a different IP address every time they connect. Between my NordVPN account and my three Internet providers, I may use different IP addresses during the course of a day that change frequently, all quite legitimately. If the spammer is a novice, then IP blocking can be somewhat effective though. 

That's true, and is what the Escapees' IT department told us when they blocked the guy's IP.  Let's hope the guy is a novice and doesn't come back!  

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

2 hours ago, LindaH said:

That's true, and is what the Escapees' IT department told us when they blocked the guy's IP.  Let's hope the guy is a novice and doesn't come back!  

I Googled him... he's a young guy and has profiles or channels on just about every platform out there. From the content he seems pretty narcissistic and perhaps just a little imbalanced. The common thread on each platform, as expected, is that he fancies himself a songwriter.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

1 hour ago, Second Chance said:

I Googled him... he's a young guy and has profiles or channels on just about every platform out there. From the content he seems pretty narcissistic and perhaps just a little imbalanced. The common thread on each platform, as expected, is that he fancies himself a songwriter.

Rob

Is he?  Did you listen to his music?