SKP South Dakotans

7 hours ago, dixonge said:

I'm not using this service, but out of curiosity I Googled this address. None of the photos or street view match anything that looks like this building. Did they tear down the old one?

I have no idea. I was just in the area and what I took a picture of Is what I saw. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 11:24 PM, rynosback said:

For you SKP South Dakotans that ever wondered like me what was at the Box Elder address. Well, I’m in the area and thought I would stop by and check it out. This is what I found.

attachment.php?attachmentid=389286&d=159

attachment.php?attachmentid=389288&d=159

It states it's a "Project Permit" - I would guess like a "Building Permit".

The address on the Permit (420 Villa Dr.)  is for the CITY of Box Elder.

America's Mailbox  - was in Rapid City in an office building.

The owners who also had a mail forwarding service in FL, decided to open their own campground.  That necessitated the change of address to Box Elder.   No idea if that worked out - or - if they are making improvements.  Project Permit says it's for footing & foundation only.

I had EXCELLENT service from them for the 5 plus years when I was domiciled in SD.  No complaints, only friendly, efficient service!  Or, maybe I should include "Rapid" service when they were in Rapid City.

BTW - Having been a Building & Fire Code Inspector in my past, I can vouch for lots of businesses (and homeowners) who were very slow in completing the permitted work.  Often through no fault of their own.

*If* I was wondering what is/was going on due to the Project Permit, I would call (or e-mail) America's Mailbox and ask.  Maybe the campground is kaput ? - Then you could post an accurate update.

Phone = (605) 718-1234

E-mail = Americas.Mailbox@gmail.com

Edited by Pappy Yokum

19 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

*If* I was wondering what is/was going on due to the Project Permit, I would call (or e-mail) America's Mailbox and ask.  Maybe the campground is kaput ? - Then you could post an accurate update.

Since the question was about Escapees address in SD, they would likely get better information by contacting them.  

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

20 hours ago, Pappy Yokum said:

It states it's a "Project Permit" - I would guess like a "Building Permit".

The address on the Permit (420 Villa Dr.)  is for the CITY of Box Elder.

America's Mailbox  - was in Rapid City in an office building.

The owners who also had a mail forwarding service in FL, decided to open their own campground.  That necessitated the change of address to Box Elder.   No idea if that worked out - or - if they are making improvements.  Project Permit says it's for footing & foundation only.

I had EXCELLENT service from them for the 5 plus years when I was domiciled in SD.  No complaints, only friendly, efficient service!  Or, maybe I should include "Rapid" service when they were in Rapid City.

BTW - Having been a Building & Fire Code Inspector in my past, I can vouch for lots of businesses (and homeowners) who were very slow in completing the permitted work.  Often through no fault of their own.

Phone = (605) 718-1234

E-mail = Americas.Mailbox@gmail.com

.The job address on the permit is 316 Villa Dr Box Elder. This is the Escapees SD address. It has nothing to do with America’s Mailbox who’s address is 514 Americas Way Box Elder.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I can attest to the helpfulness of the people in SD. We've been SD residents and full-timers since 2015. This summer we had to renew drivers licenses. Due to the COVID situation then, we couldn't get in in Sioux Falls, where we are officially residents, but when we mentioned that we were heading up to ND, they suggested the Aberdeen office. You can renew up to 180 days before your birthday. We took that to be six months, and showed up a couple of days too soon. No matter, the manager was able to override the computer and get the license issued.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

On 8/16/2020 at 9:39 AM, Pappy Yokum said:

"Fact Check" is good - no matter how you accomplish it !!

😁

*Fact Check* accomplished via phone to Americas Mailbox (Aug. 18, 2020).

The facts:

Americas Mailbox Campground - in Box Elder South Dakota, is  still open!

The "Project Permit" -with the City of Box Elder's Address, and job site address - is for a remodel and addition.

The address for the campground (and the mail service) is:  514 America's Way, Box Elder, SD. 

Only the City of Box Elder knows why they used "316 Villa" for the address, which, as noted in a post, does not exist.

From a previous "before edit" post (an "oops" by me) quoted by Twotoes....the word *not*-  was omitted in the last sentences, in re;  the job address of "316 Villa" on the permit.

"This is - *not* - the Escapees South Dakota Address."

(Kirk got that one!)

Edited by Pappy Yokum