leaking black water tank

raylen

Can the fitting coming out of the b/w tank be replaced. Is it glued in. Got a leak where fitting comes out of tank. how big job is it.

thanks in advance.

SKP 98010
1990 Bounder 27D by Fleetwood
Ray and Elen living this beautiful life style and exploring this beautiful country

I forget which type of plastic those type tanks are usually but it is important to know.  On my original trailer years ago I repaired what sounds like the same issue with a product called MarineTex.  It is a type of epoxy.  I was successful but I may have been a little lucky as I did not know back then that it can be important to know the type of plastic.  The tricky part was to get it dried out enough and clean enough.  I flushed and drained the tank well. Then I had to turn the water off and propped the flush valve open and aimed a small fan down the toilet.  It still took at least several days at least for it to quit dripping.  I had cleaned most of the area while it was still dripping so I only had a small area to clean when it stopped  dripping and was completely dry. Then I mixed the epoxy and applied as directed.  I still think I might have been lucky a little.  There are all types of epoxy so some others may work.  I believe one is advertised to even be able to stop a leak in a gasoline tank that is still dripping but I am not sure.

As Randy said many can be plastic welded.  I had one repaired by someone experienced and it was a black one. I think it is ABS plastic.  It is on my 1997 Sunnybrook TT.  The guy that did mine repaired all kind of plastic tanks of all sizes a many different uses so was very experienced.  He was the one that told me it was important to know what kind of plastic the tank was made of.  I was up under the trailer with him holding the light for him and passing a few things as needed so I watched closely.   I believe with just a little practice I could do it but since I needed it "right now" and did not have to buy any tools or materials I was glad to pay to have it done.  This was quite a few years ago but I think he was going to charge me $100. to come out and do it in place.  When he saw I was volunteering with the local forest service district and  I had the rig ready to go and properly blocked he knocked it down to $80.  Most of the tanks he worked on were large commercial tanks and did RV's occaisionally if he wasn't backed up.

Mine broke loose at then top on our 06 3400.It was a black tank  we use the proper glue and it held. Lesson learned from that was to dump the black tank often as well as the other tanks.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.