Lung exercises

Wrknrvr

Just thinking,  

About mask and what do they hurt.??

Search the net for exercise mask.

What do they help.

I did search the net for mask helping the lungs.

Search for your self.  It is interesting.

Sorta like putting on a fifty pound back pack.

Just thinking,    Vern

Masks are to protect others near you FROM YOU.    Exercise will cause increase in volume of particles ejected and the force they are ejected - some greater amount and distance they will travel.  If outdoors, without no one around, you don't need a mask.  Indoors, or others nearby, wear the mask to protect them.   And when indoors, that increased amount means more particles into the ventilation system which can harm people you might not be able to see.

We protect each other by wearing masks.   Sort of like the Golden Rule that everyone probably learned by the time they were in kindergarten and quickly forgot.    If you don't understand that, well ........

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Does anyone know of a mask you can wear that won't fog up your glasses ?  I don't have a problem with wearing a mask but I don't like my glasses fogging up. When your mask fog's up, it's tough reading your shopping list. Is there a mask out there so your glasses won't fog ?

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I use pleated medical procedure masks with a metal nose wire that can be formed tightly to my nose. That greatly reduces fogging my glasses. I also make sure the lower edge of my glass frames are over the mask to help hold it snugly in place.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I wear the mask when required because I chose to do so.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Getting the glasses OVER the top of the mask is the best way to prevent fogging with any type of mask.   That fogging means you're exhaled breath is going up and out.  Glasses help to hold mask down when over the top.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

15 minutes ago, Pete Kildow said:

Seen a Gal yesterday, she was wearing a Thong for a mask. Lady asked at the checkout isle. Why she could not at least use a clean one. That girls face turned bright red at that. Sad but all kinds of new Stupid's are out these days.

https://youtu.be/VS_xFfr49j4

DO NOT WATCH if you are one of the sensitive people. For giggles only....Easily offended people should not view, etc etc, etc. It's called humor. 

Sorry Vern...Pete's post made me do it.

Edited by Big5er

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Thanks for the chuckle 😄

And for any who feel Big5ver's post was inappropriate,  consider a man offering his underwear to a woman in the same situation.  And if they think both should be censored, I disagree.  IMO, tolerance trumps censorship in most cases.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

On regular news KTLA (Channel 5 in Los Angeles)

Gal doing workout in shorts - her top was two surgical masks hooked together (like a bra).  They explained how she hooked 'em front and back......as -

Commentators said she did a previous one using a bra for a surgical mask.

Forgot to look at the "two masks" one to see what her face covering (if any) was, LOL

I'll try to find a video of the newscast.

Edited by Pappy Yokum
KCAL corrected to KTLA

I have worn a mask at work for many years. During the "Flu" season I would wear it even more. I don't have a problem wearing one, but do not feel they do a lot for the general public. There are several rules for wearing them and for the lay people very few of them are being followed. One person comments about wearing them for others and keeping your germs to yourself. That's all well and good if that in fact actually happens. To keep your germs to yourself you cannot touch your mask, scratch your nose or in any way reposition it unless you are going to immediately cleanse your hands before touching anything else. How many times have you seen someone pull up their mask right before touching something that many others will touch or have? How many times have you seen the same person touch a well touched door handle and then adjust their mask?  Will it help, maybe but not as much as they say it will.  Especially with the way I have witnessed the majority of people in public using them. Professionals  have a hard enough time when they are "Scrubbed in" in the beginning of their career when it's really important and people are watching to ensure. 

I along with the rest of us are ready for this to be over. For it to end, for it to have run it's course. The sad thing is it will never be over. It has proven to be a near unlimited source of discussion, exploitation and sensationalism. It keeps most people at the edge of their seats watching for the next "unexpected" event. The "unprecedented" rise in cases due to an actual increase in testing at a particular location.  

I was part of the healthcare team before "Universal Precautions" and had to relearn how to do things wearing gloves almost all the time. It was when HIV or AIDS was the scare. Before that we used gloves only for "Sterile" procedures. Otherwise washing was all that was necessary. Before that there wasn't much of a worry and we humans did survive. Maybe not all of us, but a good number has and will continue to do so. I use the term which is not popular in certain circles and I apologize.  Evolution. We need changes, stressors, challenges to continue to grow and improve. I think it's part of the plan and we can do little to change it. I'm just happy to be along for the ride and will do my best to make the most of it. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On 7/18/2020 at 8:31 AM, Dutch_12078 said:

Please note that many lung training masks are not suitable for use as COVID-19 prevention masks. 

Absolutely True! Any mask with an exhalation valve allows a path for droplets to escape. They do not protect others from the virus, or whatever the wearer has. Many large cities have banned them as a result.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I read something recently that I found helpful: you know how you can see your breath when it's cold outside? Those are the water droplets you send out with every breath. And that's just breathing. Imagine yelling or coughing.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 hours ago, sandsys said:

Those are the water droplets you send out with every breath. And that's just breathing.

If you own a hand mirror, you can very easily test the mask you have to see how effective it is. It works best if you put in into the refrigerator for a half hour or so to work more quickly, then hold it in front of your face and test to see how far away it must be in order to not be fogged by coughing. Then put on your cloth mask and do the test again. For me, the cough would still fog the mirror at arm's length, but the mask Pam made for me makes it come to about 4" from my face to see any significant fogging. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 7/18/2020 at 10:20 AM, Barbaraok said:

Getting the glasses OVER the top of the mask is the best way to prevent fogging with any type of mask.   That fogging means you're exhaled breath is going up and out.  Glasses help to hold mask down when over the top.

Also do a figure 8 with the ear loops.  Have the top string go under the ear.

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

11 hours ago, filthy-beast said:

Also do a figure 8 with the ear loops.  Have the top string go under the ear.

When I tried that the sides of the mask gaped open a LOT.

Wiping shaving cream on your glasses then off again is supposed to reduce fogging.

Back when we were cross country skiing we had some sort of wax stick you applied to the lenses to keep your glasses from fogging; I wonder if sport shops still sell that?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I found I can use the masks we have, k95, have thick round ear loops. I wear behind the ear hearing aids now. The thick fabric covered elastic ear loops are not in the way. But, they cover the microphones so I hear worse than without the aids at all! :P

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 7/21/2020 at 6:56 PM, sandsys said:

When I tried that the sides of the mask gaped open a LOT.

Wiping shaving cream on your glasses then off again is supposed to reduce fogging.

Back when we were cross country skiing we had some sort of wax stick you applied to the lenses to keep your glasses from fogging; I wonder if sport shops still sell that?

Linda

Nowadays I use RainX, even on the inside of my MH windshield to prevent fogging.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961