WDH question

Zman65

20 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

He last signed in on July 21, so isn't likely to see this. But in case he does see it, it is also important to remember that just because someone has successfully done something does not make that a safe practice or a wise one. 

The new post by nammedic threw me off.

You are right, That is a compilation of published procedures. Compare it to Curt Manufacturing Inc.  and etrailer.com. When traveling I see very few properly set up wDH's on the roads. Once the initial setup is correctly performed there is usually never a need to repeat the process.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I towed a 4000lb 27foot TT with a Dodge Ram 1500 in the flats of Texas and used an equalizer WDH with sway bars and glad I did.

However I also pulled the very same TT with a heavy Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 in the steep mountains of the west coast WITHOUT a WDH or bars and experienced no serious sway or problems at all. Passing big trucks caused a very brief small slight sway feeling at 65MPH. Did this for two years without incident and I avoided pulling TT in forecast gusty windy conditions especially in the mountains. Cheers

Edited by NamMedevac 70