CHAMPVA

sclord2002

Does anyone have any experience with CHAMPVA ?  My wife just got a package for the VA with a CHAMPVA ID card but I don;t know much about it. She qualifies since I am on VA disability.  I read the booklett that was sent with the card but am wondering about real world experiences with CHAMPVA.  Thanks in advance.

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

My wife got her CHAMPVA at the beginning of the year and we love it. No problem with providers taking it. She has Medicare also and we were told that anywhere that takes Medicare should take CHAMPVA. We love the 0 premiums and no co-pays. We are very happy so far. 

Gary & Maryanne

SKP #131724

2021 Grand Design Solitude 375RES-R

2018 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummings Diesel

my wife has been on champva since 2016.  Just show her Medicare card to physician or hospital and secondary show the champ va card.  Works great and no problems.  If you need meds, then get you doctor to do emeds and it goes to champva to be filled.  Call their number to give them you current address if you are not at your home address.  If you get a prescription from a doctor out of your area that you only need a 10 day or so prescription and you need it right away, use optimum va prescription.  You do need to find what drug store can handle the filling of your meds.  They have a drugstore locator on line.  I believe optimum charges an annual fee of $50.  Plus sometimes a couple of dollars copay.  All this is in your champ va handbook