Just gotta' vent on Dometic

ARGO

I have a 5 button control for my 2 units. I must be blinder than s***, cause I can't see the LCDs w/o a flashlight. Well, upon opening the thing up, here's 2 little bulbs like car dashboard lights, look like T4 or T5 neo. So I wait on hold to Dometic for a half hour to see which they are. "oh, we don't sell them, & have no way of knowing anything about that. You have to buy a new control" for several hundred$. The damn bulbs are less than $2 on many sites, and they just turn & come out. Thanks for nothing Dometic, I hope you sell another control & then shoot yourself. 

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

If the lights unplug just replace them with a 12v bulg with the same plug configuration. Or you can unsolder them and resolver new bulbs in. 

Edited by Ronbo

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Local Auto Parts Store probably has them on the shelf.  For the price, I would just get both and see what fits and if you buy locally, they will probably just take the un-used ones back, you can ask when you purchase them.

U.S. Navy GSMC(SW) (RETIRED) 1993-11-01, 26 years service with 23 years of that active and 3 years reserve.  Now retired after 20 years at local hospital in the maintenance department.

1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' DP W/6Spd Allison.  Road Master Sterling All terrain, Air Force One, towing new 2019 Jeep Cherokee Elite

What year is your unit? Reason I'm asking, I have one I am not using. It is the older style, my camper 2003. https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-3109228-001-Comfort-Control-Center/dp/B004MYDO80

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Unit works fine, except my old eyes can't read the LCD's with the crummy little bulbs in it. They easily twist out from the back, but I want to buy same size LED's for the spots. Tks for the offer...

58 minutes ago, ARGO said:

Unit works fine, except my old eyes can't read the LCD's with the crummy little bulbs in it. They easily twist out from the back, but I want to buy same size LED's for the spots. Tks for the offer...

I thought your lights were burnt out. That reason i was offering. It is free except shipping.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

No, just too dim. If you pop it off the back part, you can see 2 small black circles on the board. These are the lights, twist them with a finger & they pop right out. Tks again, I may take you up on it anyway,.How much will cover your trouble to zip 21220?

(Dometic take note: The village idiot could do this, and you want me to buy a whole NEW one?

GAWD, please!  Suburb of Baltimore (murder/shooting capital), Middle River. Shoot me a PM & I'll  send $. This is a 5 button 2 unit duotherm control like this?

https://autoplicity.com/10431708-dometic-rv-3106486008-sensor-kit-remote?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInPLmu7DG6gIVVQiICR3ZxQSOEAQYBSABEgJxvPD_BwE