STARLINK is soliciting beta testers for a trial

STARLINK is soliciting beta testers for a trial

I just signed-up at:  starlink.com

They are looking for northern folks only,  at this time.  I live in CT, and was "accepted".  I appear to have been "accepted" because of my latitude.  But I also gave them my real email address and consented to their privacy policy.

I really hope they are successful .

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

I signed up for the updates a few days ago, but I didn't see anything about that also being a signup for beta testing. I am currently in the northern latitudes...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

3 hours ago, Will B. said:

All I get is:  

Failed to sign up for updates

Looks like maybe a zip code they didn't approve. Just signed up, and received a confirmation email, that says I will be notified if Beta testers in my area are needed.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

My part of Central Colorado did not get me a reply so I guess I was not far enough north for the Beta. Keep us posted Dan.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Keep us posted Dan.

Will do.

I just looked at starlink.com again and see that it just offers to send news and doesn't mention a beta.  I'm pretty sure it specifically offered the possibility of participating in their beta, when I signed up.  Also, in retrospect, I should have said I signed up on their beta test waiting list, not for the actual beta test itself.

In any case, here is the response I received, about an hour after I submitted my info 2 days ago.

"Thank you for your interest in Starlink!

Starlink is designed to deliver high speed broadband internet to locations where access has been unreliable, expensive, or completely unavailable. Private beta testing is expected to begin later this summer, followed by public beta testing, starting with higher latitudes.

If you provided us with your zip code, you will be notified via email if beta testing opportunities become available in your area. In the meantime, we will continue to share with you updates about general service availability and upcoming Starlink launches."

7 hours ago, DanZemke said:

Will do.

I just looked at starlink.com again and see that it just offers to send news and doesn't mention a beta.  I'm pretty sure it specifically offered the possibility of participating in their beta, when I signed up.  Also, in retrospect, I should have said I signed up on their beta test waiting list, not for the actual beta test itself.

In any case, here is the response I received, about an hour after I submitted my info 2 days ago.

"Thank you for your interest in Starlink!

Starlink is designed to deliver high speed broadband internet to locations where access has been unreliable, expensive, or completely unavailable. Private beta testing is expected to begin later this summer, followed by public beta testing, starting with higher latitudes.

If you provided us with your zip code, you will be notified via email if beta testing opportunities become available in your area. In the meantime, we will continue to share with you updates about general service availability and upcoming Starlink launches."

When I signed up that is what it told me. I did not see anything on bata testing. But thought maybe you had a magic zip code they were looking for. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I don't think I have a magic zip code.  I suspect I was accepted, onto their waiting list, because my zip code is within their definition of a northern latitude. And I may have been earlier to request to get on the beta list, than others.

Just to check, I signed up again with an alternate address and NY ZIP and promptly received the acknowledgement that mentions the beta tests.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 4 weeks later...

Same here, they asked for my address too.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Suggest we consolidate Starlink discussions into the "Starlink Central" thread

I posted the first note in this thread, based on information on how to sign-up for the Starlink Beta from another site.  But separate Escapees threads covering essentially the same subject aren't ideal.  IMO, it's better to have a single Escapees thread to discuss new Starlink information.  Once StarLink starts to be widely available for Escapees, that will probably change.

So my intent is for this to be my last post in this thread and I hope others think a single thread would be better too..

Edited by DanZemke
clarity