Older style computer connector.

IOXLwC8l.jpg

I love my Classic Citizen HyperAqualand watch. In fact my current is the third one I have purchased. First one was stolen or lost, depending on how you interpret the story. Mostly it my stupidity. Second one also a dumb move on my part. I thought I could do just as good as the shop I was sending my watch to every couple years to change the battery. Found out the hard way that even if you don't dive with it any more. ALL OF THE O RINGS ARE IMPORTANT. Perspiration, occasional motorcycle rides in the rain and the rinsing it off all managed to seep in and ruin the inner works. 

About this time last year I met a watch collector and he commented on my replacement Citizen (that I really don't like). I told him my watch story and he suggested a website to maybe find my favorite watch. It didn't work, but Ebay did. I got what appears to be a new old stock with all the goodies I saw when I first found the watch in a Dive Shop in Honolulu. I have the mini Air Tank, the dock and the cord that no longer works with my current computer. I do have an older HP that still works, but I need a male to male connector for the other end. If I can purchase a cord with the pin connector to a usb I would rather do it. That way when the HP finally dies I will be able to maybe use it on a newer computer. So far the photo hasn't shown up. I hope when I post this it will. If not I will add it to the end again. 

Thanks in advance, 

Rod

ZgO17Kpl.jpg

Edited by lappir
added additional photo.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

5 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Thanks, but I don't do Amazon for anything.  Will see if one of the numbers in the link is a part number, but will not click the link. Thanks again. The link appears to be a female connector and I need a Male. 

Rod

5 hours ago, GlennWest said:

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Wow good story! Nice watch. They make all kinds of USB adapter cables for the old parallel port bidirectional cables. I did a commercial computer and WiFi system way back in 2012 for a used car dealer and he had old dot matrix printers! They had the same old connectors on them. I had just installed computers without them. I then found out the connector/adapter cables are common because many applications use the old impact, dot matrix printers to use tractor feed forms with multiple carbon copies. Theirs had four copies. Lasers and Inkjets don't work with carbons. Duh!

Here's what  I found on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BELKIN-6Ft-USB-to-Parallel-IEEE1284-Centronic-36-Pin-Printer-Cable/233619737758?hash=item3664d24c9e:g:OJ0AAOSwfcle5yaI

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

29 minutes ago, RV_ said:

Wow good story! Nice watch. They make all kinds of USB adapter cables for the old parallel port bidirectional cables. I did a commercial computer and WiFi system way back in 2012 for a used car dealer and he had old dot matrix printers! They had the same old connectors on them. I had just installed computers without them. I then found out the connector/adapter cables are common because many applications use the old impact, dot matrix printers to use tractor feed forms with multiple carbon copies. Theirs had four copies. Lasers and Inkjets don't work with carbons. Duh!

Here's what  I found on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BELKIN-6Ft-USB-to-Parallel-IEEE1284-Centronic-36-Pin-Printer-Cable/233619737758?hash=item3664d24c9e:g:OJ0AAOSwfcle5yaI

Thanks, just what I'm looking for. Will see if I can find one in town before getting it from California. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

YW and thanks for posting. We are both PADI certified and I used to just use my Old Casio G-Shock which I can attest to being waterproof to 100 meters . I don't go the full 200 meters or 600 feet they are are listed as waterproof for max. I stopped diving before my lumbar surgery and after because of muscle issues as well. But I wish I'd known about that watch. Download for dive logs, awesome! Thanks for the interesting post. Let us know if your system still works when you get it! I learn something every day here.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

4 minutes ago, RV_ said:

YW and thanks for posting. We are both PADI certified and I used to just use my Old Casio G-Shock which I can attest to being waterproof to 100 meters . I don't go the full 200 meters or 600 feet they are are listed as waterproof for max. I stopped diving before my lumbar surgery and after because of muscle issues as well. But I wish I'd known about that watch. Download for dive logs, awesome! Thanks for the interesting post. Let us know if your system still works when you get it! I learn something every day here.

Back to you. Thinking of doing a fresh water dive for the first time. Table Rock Lake isn't too far away and it used to be good or so I've heard. Need to find a good company with some experienced buddy's. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Good luck Rod! Hey I made a typo above and said:

"We are both PADI certified and I used to just use my Old Casio G-Shock which I can attest to being waterproof to 100 meters . I don't go the full 200 meters or 600 feet they are are listed as waterproof for max." That should have been: I can attest to being waterproof to 100 feet, not meters.

We retired and did 7 Years full-timing before coming off the road to care for aging parents. They were also retired Air Force in Louisiana about a mile from Barksdale AFB, so there we went despite hating heat and humidity. Diving freshwater lakes there at least in NW LA was usually so muddy that you can't see your hand a foot from your face in all the places close by. We also have never dove fresh water but PM me if you want our Red sea open water certification dive story.

Once we were no longer needed we moved here to Colorado Springs last year. We knew we liked it because we were assigned here to the Air Force Academy where I taught for three years 1978-1981.

After next year, when we know the Pandemic is over and have vaccines, if you are in the area stop by for coffee, and we can meet! I have underwater video from a great trip to dive off the coast of Africa. One of our group had that big Sony underwater case good to 200 feet or 300 I don't remember. It was the case that held Sony Handy cams back in '96 when we made the trip. I had the only Hi8 so the owner asked us to use his case for part of it and then let him use it with our Hi8 Camera. We ripped it to DVD. Be happy to show you. Bring yours. But after the Pandemic is over.

I've met a lot of Escapees as we did nothing but Escapees parks and Coops while full timing. More than a few still here stop by whenever they are passing through near us. Great group with a few old grumps thrown in to keep it real! Good luck with your watch.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I still have 2 of those printer parallel cords, why?? Hoarder I guess.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Ray. There are USB to DB25 Serial RS232 Adapter Cables that may be what you need? If you don't want to deal with Amazon or eBay then I suggest checking with local "Computer Repair" store.

Check out my Blog www.RVTireSafety.NET

I serve on Tech Advisory board of FMCA as their Tire Expert.

Give three different seminars on tires at RV events and I also give three seminars on Genealogy too.

8 hours ago, Tireman9 said:

Ray. There are USB to DB25 Serial RS232 Adapter Cables that may be what you need? If you don't want to deal with Amazon or eBay then I suggest checking with local "Computer Repair" store.

On 6/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, RV_ said:

Back to you. Thinking of doing a fresh water dive for the first time. Table Rock Lake isn't too far away and it used to be good or so I've heard. Need to find a good company with some experienced buddy's. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Not sure what happened with the above post. Linked two to one reply. 

Anyway, had some success by contacting a local computer repair person and have more information on what path to take. Unfortunately I was on the motorcycle when he called me back so I couldn't write down all the info he gave. Did have success in finding the needed cords available at "Staples", but only online. Will look at a couple more local locations before having them shipped to the store here.

Thanks again for all the replies. 

Rod 

2007 Honda GL 1800