Went to see prgress on my truck today

Vegas Teacher

Well I went to see my truck  today, it was all good.......

Most of you who have read my posts have heard about my truck and how I have been doing projects over the last few years. I have had ups and downs but I finally found a place to take my truck and a team of mechanics I feel like I can trust.

I am using a Shop here in Vegas called True Blue Heavy Duty Repair Shop, It is just off of I-15 and sits between Cheyenne and Craig on Losee. Steve is the owner and his shop number is

702 - 908 - 5899 he will even do an emergency call with a mobile truck repair if you need it.

Anyway I went to see how things were going on my truck and pay him for the work done up to date. I got there and a lot of new parts were on my truck. I have new king pins, all new air bags, every air back on the truck is new from cab to frame. I don't have a single air leak, my truck is tight. Many things were done on the engine from injectors to gaskets to rings to oil change. I now know why my cab leaned, I know why my truck drifts and pulls. I know it was never in a wreck and I know the frame is not bent at all. I asked about the "Bull Gear" both mechanics said there was no issue with it. I found out I was only running on 5 of 6 cylinders and man does it have a lot more get up and go now!!!!!

I got to go for a test drive, the mechanic told me what each sound that made truck made what it was. I was taught how the Ishift transmission works and how the computer is set to run when it is under a load and when it is "Bobtail." I left extremely happy with the progress made on my truck. It is not perfect yet but I it so much better than it was.

So I asked the mechanic if I could just leave it at his shop for the next few months so I could call him and ask him what he would do next. He has a large parking area and was happy to do that. I don't park my truck at my house so I have to go to where I keep it and drive it to the shop then have my wife follow and drop me off / pick me up. The other nice thing is the shop where I am getting tires is right across the street. Oh By the way I had a typo in the post about tires it is only $3000.00 for everything plus a 3 axle alignment and the two shops work together. Southwest Tire is who I am getting tires and the alignment through. True Blue will take my truck over to True Blue when they do the tires job.

I just feel like I finally found the people I could trust. When I went to the shop he had a whiteboard that was 5 x 10 feet with a list of stuff to do just for my truck. I just can't say enough good about True Blue. I asked him about the truck overall and in his words he said this is one solid piece of machinery, fix the little things and it will be great. At this point I will not get red flagged for anything at any check point I have to go to. Also after it is 100% mechanically perfect I asked about the spit, polish and shine "Chrome won't get you home" type stuff and he said if I ordered it and brought it to him he and his guys would put it on. He also said he would help me located cabin parts I needed from wrecked 780's, he has a lot of friends in the business of slavaging wrecked semi's.

So I finally feel like I am making headway. After going through 3 years of people not wanting to put in the time on small potatos type stuff it is nice to find a shop that is willing to do the work and take the time, plus go for a test drive before they started the work and after then call me to come take a test drive, plus keep my rig for me inbetween jobs.

Happy Father's day to all the Dad's on the forum.

Later,

Cory Ossana - Vegas Teacher

Awesome!

To be completely honest, they- the owner is using your truck for fill in time, which is perfectly acceptable as long as you understand that.  The Chrome don't get you home- is very true.  While my old 1998 610 is getting on the ugly side, its normally very dependable and has never had any issue on DOT inspections.  1 shop I used in Bismarck ND did a DOT on every truck that came in.  How much was the front end? King Pins etc?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Sounds like you have a great shop and one that seems very trust worthy, I agree with Jim on your truck being used as fill in work, that's how mine was and it works out to be a win win for both of you. Keep us posted on your updates.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

8 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Awesome!

To be completely honest, they- the owner is using your truck for fill in time, which is perfectly acceptable as long as you understand that.  The Chrome don't get you home- is very true.  While my old 1998 610 is getting on the ugly side, its normally very dependable and has never had any issue on DOT inspections.  1 shop I used in Bismarck ND did a DOT on every truck that came in.  How much was the front end? King Pins etc?

You are correct and that is how I thought of it too. I told Steve, the shop owner, I did not use the truck. I had been sitting idle at my father in laws house since last summer anyway, so I figured there is no difference in it sitting idle there or at a shop where good work can be done. The total for the ticket was about $5,000.00, I have a complete break down of what they did itemized and I was not really surprised at the cost. They had my truck for a full week and worked on it each day. I had asked 5 other places or mobile mechanics, including Volvo to take out the Qualcom computer that Schnider trucking put in the truck. They all refused to do it because they did not want to take the dash apart and put it back together, Steve said it was not problem. I just have a great feeling about this shop, so far I have been treated very good by them. I thought taking me for a test drive to see the differences was extremely nice. Nobody else offered to do that. So I am going to let him keep the truck until the school year begins and use it for fill work. each month I am going to do something different to it. He understands I have to wait for a pay check to do further work. So like dblr says it is a win - win situation for both of us. He did have a new  860 in lime green sitting on the lot, it was nice looking!

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana

Congratulations Cory.  I’m glad your getting everything taken care of.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg