Lifting heavy propane cylinders

dswhite

Our Teton requires me to stoop under the bedroom slide.  It is about all I can do to put a full one in.  At our property there is a small hill right under the propane cabinet.   The last time I put a full bottle in I put it on the ground upside down and then leaned it up against the bottle holding tray.  Then just lifted the top from the ground until it rotated in.  Probably not the best way but with the hill I was bent way over to clear the slide.  May start requesting only 7 gallons instead of filling it.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

56 minutes ago, Randyretired said:

Our Teton requires me to stoop under the bedroom slide.  It is about all I can do to put a full one in.  At our property there is a small hill right under the propane cabinet.   The last time I put a full bottle in I put it on the ground upside down and then leaned it up against the bottle holding tray.  Then just lifted the top from the ground until it rotated in.  Probably not the best way but with the hill I was bent way over to clear the slide.  May start requesting only 7 gallons instead of filling it.

You must be taller than I am. Sounds like mine in same place but it has never bothered me.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Maybe consider trading the 'outside' big cylinder for a 20# tank . Run off the 20# and use the remaining big tank as reserve only for use while getting the 20# filled/traded . 

That would require about twice as many trips for propane , but , the weight would be totally manageable , except for the once every two or three years that the big tank would need filling .  

That^ is how I manage propane usage in our Monaco . My weak back definitely appreciates my thoughtfulness . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

What about making a stool that has the correct height and perhaps be used inside the coach at other times.  My DW is 4'11" and always uses stools.  They are EVERYWHERE.  I made her one some time ago for a particular purpose that was made of plywood and had 2 steps so she could get to kitchen wall cabinets.  The kids would use it to sit on when they were with her in the kitchen. 

Marcel