Mail forwarding and Domicile address

Welcome to the Escapee forums. While I am not one of them, we do have numerous members who use the SD domicile via the Escapees services. If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to post them here, but I would suggest making that post on the General Forum to get more and better replies.  

If the cheaper insurance you are speaking of is for the RV and tow car, that may be true for you, but insurance premiums are a very personal thing and are difficult to predict. If you are thinking of health insurance, SD is well known for having very few choices of health insurance that will work for one traveling constantly outside of the state. TX has somewhat more and better choices, but currently there is general agreement that Florida has the most and best choices for health insurance plans. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have the Escapees SD address and use Escapees mail forwarding for my mail. All mail regarding my drivers license, registration for my vehicles and insurance (auto and health) uses the SD address. All other mail is addressed to the TX address. My auto and RV insurance and registration is much cheeper in SD, but I came from CA which is very expensive. I saved over a $1,000 per year going with SD. Health insurance was a problem until I turned 65 and qualified for Medicare. Prior to 65 my health insurance policy as only a catastrophic policy for coverage outside of SD with a $1,000 deductible. Now with Medicare and a Supplement Policy I am completely covered everywhere. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

This post edited because I posted it in the wrong thread, but answering Twotoes in both. See Two Gypsy's post below for the original text. Old timer moment! Sorry if it confused anyone. I was confused too. No I don't hijack other people's posts. (Unless the OP does his own.) ;)

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

20 minutes ago, RV_ said:

Twotoes,

Do you carry the reminders of every glove that laid you down or cut you 'Til you cried out in your anger and your shame
I am leaving, I am leaving, but as a fighter still remain.

????? What has this to do with the original post?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Error!

2Gypsies, thanks! Sorry guys, wrong thread - that was in response the a line from the Simon and Garfunkel Song "The Boxer" from this thread here:  

http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/138985-simon-garfunkel/?do=findComment&comment=1020810

I had too many tabs open and cross posted that. Since you've got it in a quote I'll edit that so as to not bumfuzzle anyone else who sees it.

Thanks again!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

17 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

????? What has this to do with the original post?

I didn’t post this. RV did by mistake and has already apologized. See the correct post in the Simon & Garfunkel thread. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

2 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I didn’t post this. RV did by mistake and has already apologized. See the correct post in the Simon & Garfunkel thread. 

Yes.... I figured it out and saw RVs post. It just threw me off!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 3 months later...

I have a somewhat pertinent question.

I plan to use an address here in my home State of Wisconsin as my domicile, but I want everything else to go through the Escapees Mail Service TX address. The mail service application is talking about a form 1583. Does this form automatically start the USPS forwarding my mail, or is it just permission for them to handle my mail?

It has nothing to do with forwarding mail from your current address to Escapees.  It authorizes Escapees to forward everything from Livingston to where ever you are located when you ask for your mail.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834