Zenna 14 ply tires

Vegas Teacher

Cory, I last bought tires (both truck and trailer) in the fall of 2018, and I'm sure that prices may have gone up since I bought, but nearly $500 each for an unknown brand seems to be extremely high to me.

I don't blame you for not wanting to pay a premium price for name-brand tires that are going to "age out" instead of wear out -- I did the same thing when I bought mine.  I bought Hercules tires for my truck and trailer, and on the trip home from northeastern Pennsylvania back to the Rio Grande Valley, I was well pleased with them.  You might call one of the two Hercules commercial truck tire dealers in Las Vegas (according to the Hercules web site there's one north of town, and one west of town, whichever is closer to you), and see what they can do for you.  Based on what I paid a year and a half ago (about $310 each, installed), I can't imagine that they'd be almost $500 each now.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Teach,

Tons (pun intended) rock and mine guys in the Arizona use IRONMAN tires and they contend that NO other brand at any price even come close when you  are pulling out of hard rock mines over rocky roads out to I-10 then running 79MPH on 119f days with BIG load.

Maybe you don't need 18 ply tough tires but I paid  $300 per tire in Pahrump mounted so it might pay for you come on over the pass to save some $$$$$

We replaced some 5 yr Michs on the motorhome last year and even though are a HEAVY DUTY tire 18 ply they ride very nice and are very low noise. 

I checked the runout before installing them and they were VERY VERY true, I was amazed. I checked balance on the rig and they ALL were very well in natural balance as well........very well crafted tires.

Trust me rock haulers know a LOT about tires and tire prices......

Drive on............Keep those tires ......round

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

16 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

Teach,

Tons (pun intended) rock and mine guys in the Arizona use IRONMAN tires and they contend that NO other brand at any price even come close when you  are pulling out of hard rock mines over rocky roads out to I-10 then running 79MPH on 119f days with BIG load.

Maybe you don't need 18 ply tough tires but I paid  $300 per tire in Pahrump mounted so it might pay for you come on over the pass to save some $$$$$

We replaced some 5 yr Michs on the motorhome last year and even though are a HEAVY DUTY tire 18 ply they ride very nice and are very low noise. 

I checked the runout before installing them and they were VERY VERY true, I was amazed. I checked balance on the rig and they ALL were very well in natural balance as well........very well crafted tires.

Trust me rock haulers know a LOT about tires and tire prices......

Drive on............Keep those tires ......round

Hey how are you doing? How is life over the hump?

12 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

Teach,

Tons (pun intended) rock and mine guys in the Arizona use IRONMAN tires . . ..

Cory, the Hercules dealers that I referred you to earlier will also be able to give you information on the Ironman tires that Dollytrolley is referring to.  Ironman is Hercules' third-tier brand, along with Dynatrac, their mid-tier brand.  Their dealers typically have access to all three brands.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

I run the Hercules 14 ply on all my equipment trailers, a total as of today 18, I don't even run a spare anymore. As the people that was in Quartzsite this winter as I showed up with my dump trailer with the Jeep and the Zero laydown carry style bike with me and without a spare. 

I think that says it all.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

Ive run all kinds of tires in my time on the road. I have never heard of zenna,. Just don't get Duraturn tires. Lots of farmers here run them so I decided to try them. Nice and cheap but they are pain to change.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

• Phil D changed the title to Zenna 14 ply tires