Henry's Topical-cool silicone roofing

GlennWest

On 7/5/2020 at 8:13 AM, GlennWest said:

I put masking tape on slide wiper seal. applied to it. So about 2ish inches not covered. Really not concened about that. That is not edpm. It is in great shape. Our roof was in bad shape. Black was showing in spots. This Slouth Texas heat really worked on it. Pretty and white now.

Updates? 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Yes. It's cool to the touch. However much insulation you have in your roof will determine how much cooling it does. Well insulated roof be little difference. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On 4/20/2021 at 2:35 AM, GlennWest said:

Yes. It's cool to the touch. However much insulation you have in your roof will determine how much cooling it does. Well insulated roof be little difference. 

Thanks. So there is no difference in the inside temp, just the feel of it on the outside. I will just keep cleaning and 403ing my roof then. My hopes were it would shield the rig from more heat as silicone does not transfer the temp as much. Thanks for the experiment and feedback. I’ve been waiting to pull the trigger. You saved me money and time.

I didn't say no difference. Yes, it helps. My roof insulated well for an rv. But even it seems cooler. Also with the 2 12k mini splits, cooling is a non issue. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

13 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I didn't say no difference. Yes, it helps. My roof insulated well for an rv. But even it seems cooler. Also with the 2 12k mini splits, cooling is a non issue. 

To me the measurable difference is the temp on the inside.

base- just like it is before painting the roof inside temp. 

varient- after the roof is painted Is there an inside temp difference?

insulation is not a factor to determine the difference the product made. You also need to have about the same ambient temps and same sun light exposure.

Thanks for all of the information, but I think I will save my money and time at this point.