I am a big fan of Linux and use it for about 95% of my computing needs.  I have looked at PopOS a couple of times but never installed it.  It has good reviews but does not tickle my fancy.  That is the great thing about Linux.  There are so many distributions that eventually you will find one that you like best.  Of course that is also a downside, as many newcomers to Linux are totally overwhelmed by all the choices.

Safe Travels (or not)...

Edited by k4rs

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

Mint/Cinnamon? I liked that distro. But that was several years ago since I've tried it. For Windows defectors Linux is much easier to use with Windows 10 I hear now. Roger I know you aren't into Mint but it is very much like a windows desktop if you want that with the Cinnamon UI.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I've been using PCLinuxOS full time since 2003 and been very happy with it. It's a rolling release, so the only time it gets reinstalled is when I change PC's. I also have Windows 8.1 running on virtual machine VirtualBox in PCLOS for those rare times I need to check something out that's Windows specific. I'll have to take a look at POP to see if I want to play with it.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 6/13/2020 at 8:23 AM, TheDuke said:

It's another of the many versions of linux. It is basedon the Ubunto version of Linux.

thanks 🙂

The computer has arrived. At this point, I think I'll use the POP!_OS for awhile. The system seems to work just fine at this point. Looks like all the usual DEB packages are available, and SKYPE looks like it'll work too.

Thanks for all the input !!

--matt

3 hours ago, RV_ said:

Mint/Cinnamon? I liked that distro. But that was several years ago since I've tried it. For Windows defectors Linux is much easier to use with Windows 10 I hear now. Roger I know you aren't into Mint but it is very much like a windows desktop if you want that with the Cinnamon UI.