Jump to content
luise_cruise

PC crashes in the car

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

Here's a thing. I have about 2 y.o. laptop. I usi it for internet and mictosoft tools. When I use it at home, everything is fine and works smoothly. But when I'm on the road it crashed constantly. Does anyone faced such issue? Any help would be apprishiated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be vibration affecting the hard drive - if you want to do this, a solid state drive would be better.

It could be a weak contact on a component that opens with flexing of the case - especially the connection to the screen.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, luise_cruise said:

When I use it at home, everything is fine and works smoothly. But when I'm on the road it crashed constantly.

Hi,

Please explain what you mean by crashed.  Does it totally turn off without displaying any error messages?

Please explain what you mean "constantly".   How many minutes between crashes?

When you are on the road,  are you using any type of external power?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big Rick said:

Just checking the obvious, in the car are you on a WiFi? No WiFi,no internet

Usually I'm not using Wifi. I mean when I do siple action with editind document offline it's crashed. I'm afraid I can lose my data one day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hiljoball said:

This could be vibration affecting the hard drive - if you want to do this, a solid state drive would be better.

It could be a weak contact on a component that opens with flexing of the case - especially the connection to the screen.

John

Do you mean if I use my laptop on flat surfase it should be fine? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DanZemke said:

Hi,

Please explain what you mean by crashed.  Does it totally turn off without displaying any error messages?

Please explain what you mean "constantly".   How many minutes between crashes?

When you are on the road,  are you using any type of external power?

 

Firstly, it became really slow and my cursor always stuck and not move. then it does some wierd noices and screen gpes black. So I reboot it after this actions

it happens once every 2-3 hours. I'm working on my pc so this time flyes to me and sems like a minute lol

I usually don't use any external power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming that when you're using your PC in your car, the car is not moving.  If so, the only factor I can think of  is overheating.    Is it warmer to the touch after a few hours of in your car than it is after a few hours of use in your house?  What do you typically use it for in your car that differs from you use in the house?

Edited by DanZemke
Expanded temperature to include workload

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DanZemke said:

If so, the only factor I can think of that might be affecting things is if the temperature of your car is warmer than you house.

Or could it be that you operate from the battery when in the car but with power connected when at home? If this is the case, try running on battery when at home and see what happens then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have a look at the battery connections . The small contact pins can get 'dirty' and cause all sorts of problems .

Remember that things expand when heated . That includes connections . A little dirt could easily act as an insulator , either partially or fully . 

Caig Deoxit is a very good and effective contact cleaner .

ae00-4228.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Might have a look at the battery connections . The small contact pins can get 'dirty' and cause all sorts of problems .

Remember that things expand when heated . That includes connections . A little dirt could easily act as an insulator , either partially or fully . 

Caig Deoxit is a very good and effective contact cleaner .

ae00-4228.jpg

I'll try this one. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've just came from my tech geek. he suggested to run virus scan first. and i didn have one( i was using windows defender, but technitian said that i need advanced one) so i've googled this web site https://bestantiviruspro.org/best-free-antivirus/ and so far it works ok. he said that this might happen because of wifi which already has protection and when i'm on the car i dont have it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find out what programs are loading in the background, One of them may be looking for a remote connection and hanging when it cannot find. As mentioned that background app might be virus.  Have you tried, in your driveway where your notebook can still connect to wifi, or Starbucks or any other location offering free WiFi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...