PC crashes in the car

This could be vibration affecting the hard drive - if you want to do this, a solid state drive would be better.

It could be a weak contact on a component that opens with flexing of the case - especially the connection to the screen.

John

John
Titanium 29EX 29/34 Fifthwheel

41 minutes ago, luise_cruise said:

When I use it at home, everything is fine and works smoothly. But when I'm on the road it crashed constantly.

Hi,

Please explain what you mean by crashed.  Does it totally turn off without displaying any error messages?

Please explain what you mean "constantly".   How many minutes between crashes?

When you are on the road,  are you using any type of external power?

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

2 hours ago, hiljoball said:

This could be vibration affecting the hard drive - if you want to do this, a solid state drive would be better.

It could be a weak contact on a component that opens with flexing of the case - especially the connection to the screen.

John

Do you mean if I use my laptop on flat surfase it should be fine? 

2 hours ago, DanZemke said:

Hi,

Please explain what you mean by crashed.  Does it totally turn off without displaying any error messages?

Please explain what you mean "constantly".   How many minutes between crashes?

When you are on the road,  are you using any type of external power?

Firstly, it became really slow and my cursor always stuck and not move. then it does some wierd noices and screen gpes black. So I reboot it after this actions

it happens once every 2-3 hours. I'm working on my pc so this time flyes to me and sems like a minute lol

I usually don't use any external power

I'm assuming that when you're using your PC in your car, the car is not moving.  If so, the only factor I can think of  is overheating.    Is it warmer to the touch after a few hours of in your car than it is after a few hours of use in your house?  What do you typically use it for in your car that differs from you use in the house?

Edited by DanZemke
Expanded temperature to include workload

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

15 minutes ago, DanZemke said:

If so, the only factor I can think of that might be affecting things is if the temperature of your car is warmer than you house.

Or could it be that you operate from the battery when in the car but with power connected when at home? If this is the case, try running on battery when at home and see what happens then. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Might have a look at the battery connections . The small contact pins can get 'dirty' and cause all sorts of problems .

Remember that things expand when heated . That includes connections . A little dirt could easily act as an insulator , either partially or fully . 

Caig Deoxit is a very good and effective contact cleaner .

ae00-4228.jpg

Goes around , comes around .

What brand and model laptop?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

9 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Might have a look at the battery connections . The small contact pins can get 'dirty' and cause all sorts of problems .

Remember that things expand when heated . That includes connections . A little dirt could easily act as an insulator , either partially or fully . 

Caig Deoxit is a very good and effective contact cleaner .

ae00-4228.jpg

I'll try this one. Thank you!

So I've just came from my tech geek. he suggested to run virus scan first. and i didn have one( i was using windows defender, but technitian said that i need advanced one) so i've googled this web site https://bestantiviruspro.org/best-free-antivirus/ and so far it works ok. he said that this might happen because of wifi which already has protection and when i'm on the car i dont have it. 

Find out what programs are loading in the background, One of them may be looking for a remote connection and hanging when it cannot find. As mentioned that background app might be virus.  Have you tried, in your driveway where your notebook can still connect to wifi, or Starbucks or any other location offering free WiFi?

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel