Wilson Sleek 4G

The Sleek 4G is a perfectly useful device; the principal difference between it and the more expensive versions is that it only amplifies devices that are on or very near the cradle (you can use the cradle as a "sandwich" for two devices.)

Using the Sleek with a MiFi is easy, just put the device on the cradle. With a phone being used as a hotspot, do the same thing.  If you need to make a voice call, just use the phone in hands free mode or use a Bluetooth headset.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

On 5/10/2020 at 8:33 AM, LarryN said:

I have a Wilson Sleek 4G still in the box. Are these still viable for use with a MiFi or iPhone?

I purchased a Sleek 4G when they first came out. Not sure that the model I have supports all the current frequencies but it still helps at times. I use it with a Verizon phone, MIFI and tablet. Since it is acting as a repeater, it can at times reduce the connection speed despite improving the signal strength to the MIFI/cell phone. I always do speed checks with and without the Sleek.

The Sleek gets hot in continual use. In the past, this caused some battery swelling in some MIFIs, especially if the MIFI was tethered or charging. I have heard that this issue has been addressed in some of the newer MIFIs, but I still leave a little air space between the MIFI/phone/tablet and the Sleek.

We have the version of Sleek 4G with a switch to select between ATT or Verizon.   It is connected to a newer Wilson Trucker antenna and works well.

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS