East Coast Rally 2021

SuiteSuccess

We have tentatively scheduled the 2021 East Coast Rally from April 17-24 at Deer Run.  Unfortunately it will be based on the course or re-emergence of the Covid virus and any therapeutics or vaccines developed and the government recommendations.  In anticipation of those possible contingencies registration will not open until January or February.  Participants will still have to register with Deer Run and will be at risk of losing 20% of their  camping deposit if the rally has to be cancelled.  Any rally registration fees will be fully refunded.  Just want to be upfront with everyone and hopefully we can get this pandemic behind us or at least contained and resume meeting up with old and new friends.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks for the heads up Carl. With the easing (or outright dropping) of safety measures, I fully expect that things will get MUCH worse before they get better. I guess the outcome will be just how fast an effective vaccine can be developed and deployed. Even then, it will be prudent to restrict movement for some time after said deployment. I'm lucky that I have only myself to worry about and, have enough room in my RV to ward off cabin fever. I hope you and Donna continue to be safe and, the 2021 ECR will be able to be held.

• 2 weeks later...

If you do not want to lose 20% - roll your reservation deposit for Deer Run over to the next year.  When 2020 was cancelled, I let them keep my deposit and applied it to 2021 (at whatever dates were to be selected) and did not incur the 20% loss.  If necessary, I'll just keep rolling.  Much better than current savings interest rates.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

• Phil D pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Lights said:

It would have been nice if they would have let everyone know this, they didn't give me that option.

If you know you are going call them and see if they will do the same for you. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 5 months later...

As of now the East Coast Rally will be held April 17-24 at Deer Run RV Resort in Crossville, TN.  Due to Covid restrictions certain changes will be instituted in the format to hopefully lessen everyone’s chance of contracting the disease.  WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO LESSEN THAT CHANCE OF INFECTION  BUT BY YOUR ATTENDANCE YOU VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT AND UNDERSTAND THE RISKS INVOLVED AND HOLD THE ORGANIZERS HARMLESS.  Also you must agree to safety guidelines the organizers feel are necessary based on medical data.  Since the organizers and presenters are all voluntary and not compensated if you cannot accept these preconditions, please do not attend this year!  Hate to be blunt but is necessary.  The changes will be as follows:

1.  Fewer seminars- we will still cover the basics and information necessary for folks new to HDTs and some select more advanced topics.

2.  Pot luck, spirits night, some social events or meals MAY or MAY NOT occur depending on the course of the virus, vaccination,  cases in the local area, any restrictions from government.  So be patient and we will update as time gets closer.

3.  More “free time” to have small gatherings around trucks, campers, or projects.

4.  No formal “happy hours” but tent or campfires should be available for small socially distanced gatherings.  We would encourage including first timers with seasoned veterans at your discretion.  We will hopefully be able to come up with a site for an outdoor bigger campfire and gathering site.

5.  NO t- shirts this year.  If the rally is forced to cancel they are pre-paid and we could not refund any orders.

6.  Registration for the Rally itself will open in the next couple of weeks at the website.  We are reworking and tweeking so that you will register and list your credit card like prior rallies BUT your card will not be charged until a week or two prior to the rally so in the event the rally must be cancelled, refunds will be unnecessary.  I will announce when registration is open.

7.  I have spoken to the new ownership at Deer Run and they are working with Kim to keep things as close to possible as in past years.  They are prepared to start taking registrations for sites at the time of this posting.  FOR NEW FOLKS.. you must reserve a campsite with Deer Run separately from your registration for the rally.  Use this link to contact Angela and be sure to tell them you are with the East Coast HDT Rally.   (931) 484-3333.   https://www.deerrunrvresort.com/

8.  Provisions of soft drinks, water, paper goods will be limited this year since plans for large gatherings will be dependent on events.  This decrease will be mirrored in a reduction in the rally fee which in the past was based on provisions for the rally and meals provided.

9.  The rally fee as stated will be guaranteed to be no more than previous rallies.  We will calculate the expenses incurred and divide by number of attendees to come up with the rally fee PRIOR to card charges.  Also, for legal reasons when registering an electronic signature will be required on a release of liability concerning Covid as stated above.

10.  Finally, circumstances make change necessary, but hopefully only for this year.  We still plan on having some fun, some games, and the opportunity to meet old friends and make new.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Phil D unpinned this topic