Connect 2.0

Does anybody have this setup? The Winegard Air 360+ and the Winegard Gateway 4G LTE WiFi Router?

I already have the 360+ antenna, came installed on my trailer. I am wondering how the Winegard Gateway 4G LTE WiFi Router performs on Verizon? I would have to purchase the Gateway, and then do I just purchase a data only plan from Verizon? Would this be a better option then getting unlimited data on my phone and using it as a hotspot?

Thanks!!

• 3 months later...

We have a Winegard 2.0+ mounted on the roof of our trailer. I can use it to connect to either of our cell phones (using our cell phones as a hot spot) or if we have no cell service, we purchase the monthly plan - which is super expensive since it doesn't give very much data for the money.  

My cell phone is on Project Fi and my husban'd's cell phone is on Verizon. We did this so we would have more flexibility in terms of getting service.  The Winegard does boost the cell phone signal, so you get better service.

That said, so far, I have gotten more use of my cell phone as a hot spot than my husband's cell phone. We have been traveling through Oregon and Washington (soon to be headed to Montana and Utah). Project Fi service basically searches for the best wifi signal and piggybacks off it (so I could be using Sprint/T Mobile/ATT/whatever). I like Project Fi because it is pretty versatile. That said, when my husband is in a Verizon area, he gets a better signal than I do.

Frankly, using your cell as a hot spot with unlimited data and using the Winegard to boost the signal is the best option we've found.