Finally, Flames on the Pete.

mr. cob

9 hours ago, jenandjon said:

That looks great. Love the wiener window. Straight pipes are all fine and dandy but you get tired of hearing them after a while. I have 7 inch straights on my Pete. They are fun but I'm over it.

You can get a train horn for like $100 pretty decent. Plumb into the trucks air and put a button in the dash.

Howdy Jon,

What little hearing I have left I can't risk on true straight pipes, love the sound from outside the truck but it would old real quick from inside.  If I ever did swap stacks I'd get the kind that have the muffler-baffles inside the pipe so it doesn't ruin the look of the outside of the pipe.

The train horns that I have looked at cost darn near 500 bucks, for metal horns.  I am assuming the metal horns would sound much better-deeper then the plastic one but I can't say for certain as I have heard them side by side.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I knew I'd get called out for using Brake-Kleen on my hands, but the new Green can isn't nearly as bad as the old Red style. Doesn't burn, either, so no fire starting capabilities.

Train horns cost as much as they do because of the higher pressures they need to run. Most of the kits will come with their own compressors, running up to 200 psi.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Dave - on a Pete train horns go on the front of the right hand under cab step box. Your option to orient toward the ground or 90deg outboard. Option 2 is useful for interrupting drivers on hand held “deviceS” texting and vip voice calls as you motor past. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

16 hours ago, noteven said:

Dave - on a Pete train horns go on the front of the right hand under cab step box. Your option to orient toward the ground or 90deg outboard. Option 2 is useful for interrupting drivers on hand held “deviceS” texting and vip voice calls as you motor past. 

Howdy Lawrence,

I think my main use for a train horn mounted 90deg outboard would be to send idiots who won't or don't know how to merge into the ditch as expect me to slow down an let them in.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 5/8/2020 at 3:48 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

I knew I'd get called out for using Brake-Kleen on my hands, but the new Green can isn't nearly as bad as the old Red style. Doesn't burn, either, so no fire starting capabilities.

Train horns cost as much as they do because of the higher pressures they need to run. Most of the kits will come with their own compressors, running up to 200 psi.

Don't use Harvest King brand on your hands. That stuff burns bad. It will even take paint off what ever you are working on. Up side its real cheap and works really well.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.