Selected Florida Parks reopen

agesilaus

Effective Monday, May 4, DEP will implement phase one to reopen the Florida State Parks. As these parks are re-opening, DEP will be taking measures to ensure the protection of staff and the public.

During this early phase of re-opening, visitors should expect limited hours, capacity and amenities. Phase one includes approximately 80 parks and trails throughout Florida. Portions of these parks and trails have been identified that can be reopened for day use with limited risk to visitors and staff.

No camping at this time and the list has 80 parks out of 177 total and they are mostly minor small parks. However many beach side parks are on the list.

I have heard that camping will reopen starting May 14th and the reserveamerica site is taking reservations from that date on the one park I checked.

I also saw that someone is saying that Texas COE parks are reopening for camping in May.

Edited by agesilaus

• 2 weeks later...

That's good news. It appears that Thousand Trails (Encore) has only a short list of campgrounds that are not taking reservations. No parks in Florida listed as "delayed opening". Am planning to spend to Nov and Dec in Florida moving around to different TT parks. Not concerned about the virus as my RV is self contained and shopping will be the same as at home - mask and gloves. Pools and other common amenities may or may not be open. Should be able to get out and ride my bike daily. I guess no one knows what summer and Fall are going to look like at this point.