When do you plan to travel?

I've been reading the last two pages of this thread and it brought to mind something my grandfather told me many decades ago.  "Never argue with a pig.  It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

For those in charge of this community, why hasn't this particular thread been shut down?  Nobody is going to convince anyone else to change their mind.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Randyretired said:

Masks pretty well sum up how desperate we are to control this virus.  We are asking or in some cases demanding that untrained people wear masks of unknown origin and made of random material by whomever and we call that safe?  We wear masks whenever we are around anyone else but it certainly doesn't seem safe to me.  We are told that these masks do not protect the person wearing it because the virus will just pass through it but we believe it block the virus going out?  Many maybe most of the masks I see don't even fit tight and there are holes that would be like a highway for air and droplets to pass.  Certainly it may slow it down a little like shooting water through a screen but it doesn't  make me feel safe.  We are at risk so we are staying hidden as much as possible.

Here's a readable article about what is known and not known about using masks.    Higher quality masks do appear to help; it's not clear how much protection homemade ones afford.  However, a mask of any sort probably reduces at least by a bit how far someone's cough spreads droplets even if it doesn't protect the wearer all that much from them.  Efficacy of using masks

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I don't go anywhere; haven't since early January. Dave only goes to the grocery store. He wears a mask made of a bandana folded over a coffee filter. Is that the best mask out there? No, but it is better than having none and better than taking a more effective mask from essential personnel.

We all do what seems best for us. Many of us also do what seems best for other people as well.

The woman who reopened her beauty salon so she could afford to feed her children was also doing what was best from her perspective. No one was required to go there. I don't see how anyone could argue with that.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 minutes ago, sandsys said:

The woman who reopened her beauty salon so she could afford to feed her children was also doing what was best from her perspective. No one was required to go there. I don't see how anyone could argue with that.

Right!  We invested $40 in a medium-quality pair of haircut scissors.  My wife trimmed my hair and I, very carefully, trimmed hers.  We look better than we did before and, if we're not going anywhere other than the grocery store, who cares?

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Just now, docj said:

Right!  We invested $40 in a medium-quality pair of haircut scissors.  My wife trimmed my hair and I, very carefully, trimmed hers.  We look better than we did before and, if we're not going anywhere other than the grocery store, who cares?

Precisely! Although I did chuckle when someone mentioned what it will be like when 300 million people all try to schedule a haircut at the same time. I also feel sorry for the stylists who have to repair all our home cuts. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Kirk W locked this topic