Bridge Height Restrictions

Cotreker

Looking for a source to understand the height of bridges and overpasses from Salt Lake City I-80 East to Cheyenne Wy then South I-25 to Fort Collins.  Pulling a boat that is 14 feet 2 inches.  Pretty sure I am ok with my permits but need to double check.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

I-80 and I-25 are major routes used by semis every day. I have driven both in my Fifth Wheel and Class A and never experienced any problems. I use a Garmin GPS and program in the height on my RV to avoid low passes. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I seem to  remember interstate bridges must have 14-16' minimum clearance. https://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/geometric/pubs/mitigationstrategies/chapter3/3_verticalclearance.cfm

Then there is this: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/50vertical.cfm

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

😜no guarantee that  interchange area clearances are the same as Interstate, keep alert.

An old bridge engineer

Edited by jeomelia

1999 Dodge QuadCab Diesel

2005 DesertFox 28KS

The toy is the wife's sewing machines

1992 Dodge Roadtrek 190 Versitile

"...traveled the same road as many..."

On 4/29/2020 at 12:14 AM, jeomelia said:

😜no guarantee that  interchange area clearances are the same as Interstate, keep alert.

An old bridge engineer

I once encountered that in Louisville KY. I took the wrong exit, which dumped me directly onto a city street with a 12'6" underpass at the stoplight. It was pucker time but our MH is 12'2" and we made it under the bridge.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961