Amazon Strike

Twotoes

Just an FYI. Amazon workers across the country may be going on strike sometime this week as reported on many news outlets. In addition to protesting working conditions they are protesting the firing of an Amazon worker in NY who tried to start a previous strike. If you are going to order an Amazon delivery in the near future make sure you check your shipping details.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

2 hours ago, Twotoes said:

the firing of an Amazon worker in NY who tried to start a previous strike

You mean the gentleman that was sent home, with full pay, as he was showing COVID symptoms and was told to quarantine himself for 14 days? That same one that returned to work the next to try to organize a walkout? 

I'm not too sure that this strike will gather much impetus especially when you consider how many people are looking for work. We shall see.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

6 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Your post reminded me of this.

The Onion is an American satirical digital media company and newspaper organization that publishes articles on international, national, and local news.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

If you're really attached to your Amazon ordering, contact the vendors directly. Many will price match their Amazon prices, and keep some $$$ out of Bezos' pocket.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

8 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

If you're really attached to your Amazon ordering, contact the vendors directly. Many will price match their Amazon prices, and keep some $$$ out of Bezos' pocket.

A few months ago, we needed two skylight covers for the Newmar.  Local RV stealers wanted over $100 each.  I googled it and found them on Amazon and eBay for half that.  I noticed the same seller was in both places, and so I googled that name.  Bought the pieces direct for a little over $50 for the pair.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

33 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

A few months ago, we needed two skylight covers for the Newmar.  Local RV stealers wanted over $100 each.  I googled it and found them on Amazon and eBay for half that.  I noticed the same seller was in both places, and so I googled that name.  Bought the pieces direct for a little over $50 for the pair.

It doesn't always work that way... I was just pricing new ICON shrouds for my Dometic Brisk Air A/C's. ICON Direct wants $149 plus shipping and Amazon has them at $117 with free shipping. I found a couple of places that have them for a few dollars less, but not with free shipping.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

It doesn't always work that way... I was just pricing new ICON shrouds for my Dometic Brisk Air A/C's. ICON Direct wants $149 plus shipping and Amazon has them at $117 with free shipping. I found a couple of places that have them for a few dollars less, but not with free shipping.

Have you reached out to Icon? They may do better. I will reach out to vendors, besides using their website shopping page, by sending emails to their marketing division, or even the chat option. Doesn't cost anything.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Have you reached out to Icon? They may do better. I will reach out to vendors, besides using their website shopping page, by sending emails to their marketing division, or even the chat option. Doesn't cost anything.

I emailed them... They offered to match the price, but not the free shipping.

Dutch

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Captain Happy said:

I went on Amazon yesterday to order 2 bicyle tubes and some face mask. Would be shipped sometime in June or July.

The bicycle tubes may arrive; it's the face masks that will be delayed. Most of my recent orders have come within a week or so even though most of them say Prime delivery available. They are giving priority to essentials like masks but when they can't get them they can't ship them.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I ordered a package of disposable razors and a couple of garden hose elbows from Amazon on Monday and they'll be here tomorrow. Go figure...

Things they already had in stock are shipping just fine although they might take a few extra days for delivery.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

4 hours ago, sandsys said:

Things they already had in stock are shipping just fine although they might take a few extra days for delivery.

Linda

Yet the UPS I ordered April 10th that was shown as "In stock" wasn't delivered until yesterday. The original arrival date shown was May 8th though. That's with Prime...

Dutch

4 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Yet the UPS I ordered April 10th that was shown as "In stock" wasn't delivered until yesterday.

When I go to Amazon Prime it has a note that priority shipping has been set aside for healthcare supplies.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

29 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

When I go to Amazon Prime it has a note that priority shipping has been set aside for healthcare supplies.

Oddly, the UPS is being used to protect my wife's nebulizer. Amazon couldn't know that of course...

Dutch

13 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

If what you ordered is coming from China it could take longer, weeks not days. 

I try to find products that say "Fulfilled by Amazon" when possible.

Dutch

I find some things arrive quickly, others need a week or more. There doesn't seem to be any specific reason for the difference. I did order a box of 50 disposable masks, 5 days delivery.  I received one mask, in a child's size. I got a quick ok for return. When I tried to check the listing, the company and listing was no longer on Amazon site.

One of several items I ordered from Amazon was 2 reusable masks w/filters on Apr 29. Next day I read an article saying masks with exhalation valves were unsafe, Through Amazon I attempted to cancel the masks that had a delivery date of July 14; I could not cancel as Amazon order shows as already shipped??

Oh well, I will still use them when I''m mowing fields and the yard since I have allergies.

I ordered a chain saw sprocket Apr 23, delivered today. Everything I order arrives sooner than stated delivery date.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961