Hitch

KevinS

I wouldn't run that close, but that's just me. Nice to have some cushion, beside the engineered safety factor.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Have not owned a Curt but several friends have for your weight trailer and are very happy with them. 20k 

They bought online best price free shipping. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

My opinion / suggestion is the hitch should be matched to the tow vehicles ratings regardless of what your pulling, that way your solution is uniformly rated across your towing platform, If what your pulling exceeds that rating then time to get a larger platform.

Also, again this is my opinion, its not necessary to have "reserve" in the ratings  as engineers build in safety margins with these ratings and as long as you don't exceed them your fine..now if it gives you peace of mind to have some % number of reserve in capacity that's your choice but for me, based on modern engineering, levels of testing, etc I no longer subscribe to the old school RX of having to be a % under the ratings.