Cowdog353

Residential fridge doors

The Samsung residential frig in our new Solitude came with one of these on it:

Frig door lock on Amazon

The refrigerator is an 18 cu. ft. model with French doors on top and freezer on bottom. This lock takes care of the French doors and the freezer drawer locks on its own - you have to pull up on the handle to unlock it and pull it out.

Rob

Mine came with rubber like straps to hold it closed and the freezer below also. 20 cubic ft GL.

IIRC, there is a thread on the forum (with pics) of a wooden "T" a person made to keep their French door fridge and freezer on the bottom closed while traveling.  

But, it would help to know what style doors your unit has.

12 hours ago, whj469 said:

Mine came with rubber like straps to hold it closed and the freezer below also. 20 cubic ft GL.

Same here

A simple Velcro strap has work great for me for 5 years of traveling full time. I just loop it around both handles of the fridge.

Edited by rynosback

I was working on making a "T" latch system to hold the fridge french doors and freezer drawer closed while in transit, when my wife said not to waste my time.  She takes the belt off her robe and ties the doors together and then loops the end through the freezer drawer handle and ties it to the door above.  I have to say it has worked well for the last 4 years of full-timing, doesn't chafe the finish, and the doors have never come open.  Kudos to her for keeping it simple.

Edited by mb36912
full-timing

3 minutes ago, rynosback said:

A simple Velcro strap has work great for me for 5 years of traveling full time. I just loop it around both handles of the fridge.

That is a simple solution that would work well also.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:49 PM, SWharton said:

We put an eye bolt on each side and run a bungee.

We do the same.

18 hours ago, rynosback said:

Didn't work for us.  All 3 doors opened up.  Large container of applesauce spilled from refrig to freezer.  Not a pretty site.

I installed the Fridge Fixer from recubed solutions on our French door residential refrigerator.  It works great and takes only a couple of minutes to install.  We would periodically have issues with the doors coming open using Velcro and bungies, but haven’t had a single issue since installing the fridge fixer.

1 hour ago, Chad Heiser said:

I installed the Fridge Fixer from recubed solutions on our French door residential refrigerator.  It works great and takes only a couple of minutes to install.  We would periodically have issues with the doors coming open using Velcro and bungies, but haven’t had a single issue since installing the fridge fixer.

X2--this is so much simpler than Velcro and other approaches that we successfully used for quite a few years!

I used an RV drawer latch (Southco SC4320, 10 pounds pull force):

new_fridge_15_southco_sc4320.jpg

I screwed mine to the fridge, but next time would use glue I think.

In 7 years, I've had to replace it once.

Edited by Zulu

On 4/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, docj said:

X2--this is so much simpler than Velcro and other approaches that we successfully used for quite a few years!

X3 for the Frig Fixer.

Later,

J

Our Samsung has the reversible door option. I removed a screw from the opposite side and got a 7mm bolt and knob from a hardware store (my bolt was too short and I had to weld 2 bolts together, a better option is to just buy a long enough screw :)  )

Knob2.JPG

Knob1.JPG