Replacing Coleman Polar Mach with Mach 8 Plus

TXiceman

We have a 2013 HitchHiker Champagne with Coleman Polar Mach units which are completely mounted from the roof, ie there is no ceiling assembly ( it is a ducted unit) inside the RV.

I have replace many Coleman and Dometic units with the interior ceiling assembly.  No having had a Coleman Mach 8 plus apart, how is the match up with the existing ducting?

Hope someone has had experience with this swap out.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

There is a divider plane plastic piece attached to the roof. Directs air. It stays with  the camper. All units fit a 14" square hole. Thermostat may need changing. That over my head

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I figured there was a baffle to divide supply from return.  On the HitchHiker forum, a fellow posted a photo of the install with the unit tipped on edge.  Monday, I'll call AirExcel about the control board and thermostat.  Hopefully, the control board will be compatible with the current thermostat and the other unit.

This is the second unit in the two zone set up.  So it is the slave unit.  All the wiring goes to the rear unit, then to the front unit.

I'll try to get some photos for future reference.  I found a mobile tech that will install it.  I am just to old to tackle this in the south Texas heat.  With the virus, we are hanging out here until we feel safe to travel.

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

8 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

I repaced and repaired mine for several years. Finally removed them and installed mini splits. They are far superior to roof top units.

How much did you have to modify the roof/ceiling for the cassette?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Bedroom unit is a cassette unit. Enlarged roof hole. Built a box and mounted it is opening. Hung cassette. Living room unit is wall mount so just framed out hole, plywood and roofing. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1