Coat Hangers?

aztex

We had two Avion trailers and both had a unique fix for the problem of shifting clothes.  They had a padded bar that would swing down and latch to hold the coat hanger on the rod.

Since we have added an eye hook at each end of the closet, mounted slightly behind the center of the clothes rod.  We stretch a bungee cord over the clothes to secure them.

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

21 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Look at the shape of the Lynx Stay Put hangers, then picture your standard hangers and a pair of pliers. Problem solved... 😉

That's NOT gonna work! 

You can't mold plastic like that. Maybe metal but those don't hold well....

More I consider it may be worth $20 for a few for my cowboy shirts and jackets.....At a certain point the effort to improve costs more than the danged expensive gadgets!

24 minutes ago, aztex said:

That's NOT gonna work! 

More I consider it may be worth $20 for a few for my cowboy shirts and jackets.....At a certain point the effort to improve costs more than the danged expensive gadgets!

Just a little heat applied to the plastic hooks will allow re-shaping . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Being a TT owner with the closet in the back, I have the same hanger issue.  Friends of mine use the bungee cord method, some others use a pool noodle as a second bar over the hangers (I think).  I decided the extra cost of the Lynx hangers were worth it rather than trying to remember to use the bars or bungees that seem to work with regular hangers.  I have a bad enough time remembering tension bars in a couple of my cabinets to keep things from shifting occasionally.

2 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Just a little heat applied to the plastic hooks will allow re-shaping . ;)

Yep, I've done it using a both a heat gun and a hair dryer, although not for this specific purpose.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

3 hours ago, aztex said:

That's NOT gonna work! 

It worked well for us using the velvet covered plastic hangers with metal hooks. They hold clothes well too...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system