2005 Hornet Park Model

melissaann777

I have a 2005 Hornet 39 footpark model trailer.  It has2 bedrooms 1at each end and I onli need one so I was thinking king about eliminating the one off the living room and increasing the living room.  I would also like to take the dinning booth out......feed back please....does any one know if there is a software that I could use to latit all out and be able to see it before it is done?

Welcome to the forums. I know that there are programs available to do such a layout for home construction, but am not aware of any that are intended for an RV or a park model. Here is a list of free ones from Learning Hub.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Welcome! Removing the dining booth ought to be a pretty simple project. You may be left with some marks on the wall, though.

The bedroom project will be a little more involved. The biggest part will be removing the wall between the living room and the bedroom. What's in/on that wall? Any electrical stuff? Is that where the television is mounted? The wall coverings (paneling, etc.) may not be continuous on the outside walls, so you will have a bit of a gap where the wall comes out. Same thing with any closet walls. You probably won't know about this until you start the demolition. You could try a phone call to the factory, but probably wouldn't accomplish much.

You may want to think about keeping any built-in closets or drawers in the bedroom. Those can be very useful storage spaces that you have already paid for.

You asked about software to help you design the project. I prefer some graph paper (I prefer 1/4" squares) and a sharp pencil with a good eraser. Costs very little, and you can see how the design changes over time.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS