TSD Fuel Program

1 minute ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Dave, That's the discount that Loves is giving.  Other stations may have better discounts.

Howdy Jim,

The discount that the app showed a week ago, was at the Loves I fueled at today.  Today, the app is NOT working at least its not working on my phone.  I guess I learned my lesson, DON'T fuel until you have checked the card price on the app "IF" it's working.  In my area, the Loves, was the ONLY truck stop showing on the app that gave ANY discount, this particular Loves was just off of I-5 in Tacoma WA.  No other truck stops were listed within a 50 mile radius of seattle.  I live about 50 miles NE of seattle, the little truck stop that I usually fill at has ALWAYS been way cheaper then any of the large truck stops and it pumps enough fuel that you don't get watered fuel as it always full of trucks, it's located right off of I-5 a few miles west of Arlington Exit 208 maybe 209 don't remember for sure.

Dave

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the card even when when the discount is small. It is Convenient , Convenient, Convenient. Previously to use the big pumps I had to go inside and prepay and return inside to get my receipt. Now I can maintain my six feet separation.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

from tsd web site, there is an 800 number help line....

PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE NUMBER ON THE BACK OF THE CARD.  THAT IS TO EFS NOT TSD.  THEY CANNOT HELP YOU.  CALL OUR 800-275-5089 HELP LINE.  PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE FUEL VENDORS DIRECTLY THEY CANNOT HELP YOU.

As of Today TA/Petro has given us new rates.  They are amazing and I think you will find that their prices will now beat Loves.

Our current discounts are with TA (varies) , Petro (varies), Loves (16 cents off retail), SAAP Brothers (12 cents off retail), Road Ranger (20 cents off retail), Ambest (5 cents off retail), Kwik Trip (10 cents off retail) and Kwik Star(10 cents off retail) and Cash Magic (varies).

10 hours ago, mr. cob said:

I went to your link, couldn't find anyplace that listed prices, just locations.

You need to click on a station name, for Example: Clicking on " V   TA/Petro...."  would reveal PDF and Excel files that list every station's pump price and TDS price.

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

The last couple days the app on my phone has not worked, it says "problem getting locations from the server".  Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit;  I just seen on face book where the EFS site is down.

Edited by dennisvr

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Here's an update from the "TSD" FB page.......

"Just an update on the EFS app. Right now we have no ETA on the app coming back up. EFS is working diligently on a fix. Right now you are safe to say that TA and Petro are the biggest savings.

Good news is that soon after the app comes back up, through our partnership with EFS, we will be adding many more discounts and chains to the discount network. I can't wait to announce all of them just as soon as we finalize.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Have a great weekend".

1 minute ago, DesertMiner said:

"Just an update on the EFS app. Right now we have no ETA on the app coming back up. EFS is working diligently on a fix. Right now you are safe to say that TA and Petro are the biggest savings.

Good news is that soon after the app comes back up, through our partnership with EFS, we will be adding many more discounts and chains to the discount network. I can't wait to announce all of them just as soon as we finalize.

Howdy DesertMiner,

Thanks for posting this, all I can say is that app NOT working cost me money, 41 cents per gallon that I could have saved had the app been working to warn me that the loves price last listed on the app was no longer in affect.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

9 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy DesertMiner,

Thanks for posting this, all I can say is that app NOT working cost me money, 41 cents per gallon that I could have saved had the app been working to warn me that the loves price last listed on the app was no longer in affect.

Dave

Dave, 

While I agree that if I could save .41 cents a gallon it would help with the fuel budget, but...........

When we started with the big truck we set a budget of $4.00 a gallon for fuel to use as our base...... and this truck was our daily driver.... 

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

1 hour ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Dave, 

While I agree that if I could save .41 cents a gallon it would help with the fuel budget, but...........

When we started with the big truck we set a budget of $4.00 a gallon for fuel to use as our base...... and this truck was our daily driver.... 

Howdy Jim,

I agree with your point I can remember paying $4.89 per gallon here in the People’s Republik of Washington, back during those crazy days.  For some reason I am getting these emails later then others I just a few minutes ago got the email talking about problems with the app.

If fuel mileage was a major concern I would NEVER have bought and built the truck I now drive, that said I am a cheap bastard the less money I spend on fuel the more I have to spend on toys to include chicken lights and chrome.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 5/22/2020 at 11:52 AM, DesertMiner said:

Back up and running.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 1 month later...

Has anyone fueled in Oregon lately using the card.  Wondering if the prices they show on the app is correct.  I know at one time they were saying don't go by the app prices.  It shows $1.65 at a Petro outside of Medford Or. 

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Just out of curiosity, I checked diesel prices at the 3 closest truck stops to me. All were about $2.60.  Some stations were much higher ($2.99). close to the interstate.  But, I filled our truck up yesterday for $1.93.  No discount, no card, just fill 'er up. 

While I admit, I can't get our rig in that station hitched up, my point is, shop around.  Often huge savings are lurking just down the road.  Last spring, at Parkers Crossroads in Tenn., fuel was almost a dollar cheaper 2 miles away from I-40.  We stayed there for 16 days, so filled up while out for groceries.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

The reason I ask about Oregon is that at one time TSD said they were not accurate prices because something to do with taxes.  

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Oregon trucker prices are lower by about 30 cents because commercial truckers pay a different tax.  Not all truck stops in Oregon have pumps that can handle "car diesel" prices and won't let you fill.  Others adjust the price or they can change the pump price. 

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

14 hours ago, dennisvr said:

The reason I ask about Oregon is that at one time TSD said they were not accurate prices because something to do with taxes.  

The commercial price for diesel at the pump does not include the state fuel tax. That is paid by the trucking operation directly to Oregon. If you're not commercial, then they'll charge you the retail price, including taxes. Jay

4 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

The commercial price for diesel at the pump does not include the state fuel tax. That is paid by the trucking operation directly to Oregon. If you're not commercial, then they'll charge you the retail price, including taxes. Jay

That's my experience when filling up my RV and paying for it myself. 

How does the tax get added when an RVer uses the TSD account?

9 minutes ago, Blues said:

That's a really good question and something I've never before encountered. One thing I know for sure, the State WILL get their $$$$, so I have to assume it's calculated into the net price TSD is charging their cardholders, using their own fleet numbers. Jay

39 minutes ago, Blues said:

What I was told on the TSD facebook page was you will be asked at the pump for your PUC number and if you don't have one then the taxes are added to the price.  They are saying $ .36 for taxes will be added.  So the app says $1.65 plus $.36 tax will come to $2.01.  Still a lot better then CA.  Of course every where is better then CA...….

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

On 7/2/2020 at 4:13 PM, dennisvr said:

What I was told on the TSD facebook page was you will be asked at the pump for your PUC number and if you don't have one then the taxes are added to the price.  They are saying $ .36 for taxes will be added.  So the app says $1.65 plus $.36 tax will come to $2.01.  Still a lot better then CA.  Of course every where is better then CA...….

Thanks for answering that.  It irks that as far as I can tell, Facebook is the only place to get this information.  Well, and now here.  But TSD has a website with fuel prices on it--would it kill them to put this information there, instead of divulging it only to people who are willing to give up their privacy to Facebook?

I also wonder how the transaction is handled in Indiana.

• 2 months later...

TSD Fuel Family - 

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new mobile app, TSD Open Roads.  

We are anticipating a lot of excitement over this launch so to avoid overloading the system,  we are limiting the number of downloads per day.  We'll manage this by issuing user specific invitations to download the app.  To receive an invite to download this app please go to https://openroads.fueldiscountapp.com/ and register.  TSD will be sending the limited invites every hour in the order they are received.  If the daily download limit has been reached you will receive a message with that information asking you to please try again the next day.  

Unfortunately, only the iOS version for iPhones is currently available however the Android version should be available by the end of the month.  If you are an android user, we'd still encourage you to follow the link and register so that you can receive your invite as soon as it is available.  

This tutorial video will help if you are having issues registering or using the app:  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7NiybWZ22o

This new app should replace any EFS app you are currently using.

Thank you for being a customer. 

Joy J Hanson-Hickerson

Chief Financial Officer