TSD Fuel Program

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question, their website states that you can but DEF through the card. But it says, “Can you purchase DEF with the card? Answer: Yes, however there may be little to no discount on the DEF portion of the purchase.” 

So if there is no discount and you pay retail price, I’m assuming that then they add their 10% fee on it. Would you not be paying more for it vs just paying through a credit card directly?

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I'm running the app on IOS and it has been a great tool!  Don't buy DEF so I can't speak to the question directly.  I believe if you read the info and instructions for the card they mention "if no discount is available" the service charge is waived or something to that effect.

Edited by DesertMiner

1 hour ago, rynosback said:

Another question, their website states that you can but DEF through the card. But it says, “Can you purchase DEF with the card? Answer: Yes, however there may be little to no discount on the DEF portion of the purchase.” 

So if there is no discount and you pay retail price, I’m assuming that then they add their 10% fee on it. Would you not be paying more for it vs just paying through a credit card directly?

You don't pay 10% of the total, you pay 10% of the discount. so if you save $56 on fuel you pay $5.60 to TDS and .40 cents to Loves as a transaction fee. not sure if other truck stops have a transaction fee.

Edited by filthy-beast

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

1 hour ago, filthy-beast said:

You don't pay 10% of the total, you pay 10% of the discount. so if you save $56 on fuel you pay $5.60 to TDS and .40 cents to Loves as a transaction fee. not sure if other truck stops have a transaction fee.

I believe you pay 10% off the discounted price.  So if the discount price is $1.50 then you pay  0.15 cents plus the .40 cent transaction fee.   

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

2 hours ago, dennisvr said:

I believe you pay 10% off the discounted price.  So if the discount price is $1.50 then you pay  0.15 cents plus the .40 cent transaction fee.   

From their website.

So if the retail cost is $3.00 per gallon and our cost is $2.50 per gallon, your fee will be 5 cents per gallon.

If there is no discount, regardless of the product, there are no fees. Also there is a $200 per week cash advance available on the card, so you can go inside to the register and get cash without having to pay ATM fees.

Just checked the price locate app and in FT Pierce the loves discount price is $1.322 per gallon - 

18 hours ago, rynosback said:

Do they list DEF prices on the app or if you get a discount you get it?

No, the app and the daily list do not show DEF prices. I have not needed DEF yet, I assume you pay pump price for DEF.

4 hours ago, filthy-beast said:

No, the app and the daily list do not show DEF prices. I have not needed DEF yet, I assume you pay pump price for DEF.

Not sure and neither are they. From there website about DEF “however there may be little to no discount on the DEF portion of the purchase”

On 4/30/2020 at 8:34 AM, filthy-beast said:

Correct; I paid pump price for DEF, even though I got over $1/gallon off for diesel at Love's.  What's nice is you don't have to go inside to pay.

Edited by Jim1521

Got an email from TSD today about the program....

Good evening TSD Fuel card holders. We have some great news. TA/Petro has come back to us with some great rates. They will likely be the lowest price out of all of our vendors.

We have also added Kwik Trip and Kwik Star to our discount program with 10 cents off per gallon. We are reaching out to others now to see if we can increase to some of the smaller chains. Our current discount network is TA, Petro, Loves, Road Ranger, SAAP Brothers, Ambest, Kwik Trip and Kwik Star.

On another note, it has come to our attention that some of our fuel card holders have contacted our fuel vendors directly and caused some frustraion for our vendors. Your agreement is directly with TSD not the vendors. Please contact us at 800-275-5089 if you have any questions or concerns. DO NOT contact the vendors. If we we find out that a card member has contacted a vendor directly, we will cancel their card.

Thank you for being a customer and your continued support.

Joy J Hanson CFO TSD Logsitics Inc.

On 5/8/2020 at 3:28 PM, palmeris said:

Got an email from TSD today about the program....

Good evening TSD Fuel card holders. We have some great news. TA/Petro has come back to us with some great rates. They will likely be the lowest price out of all of our vendors.

We have also added Kwik Trip and Kwik Star to our discount program with 10 cents off per gallon. We are reaching out to others now to see if we can increase to some of the smaller chains. Our current discount network is TA, Petro, Loves, Road Ranger, SAAP Brothers, Ambest, Kwik Trip and Kwik Star.

On another note, it has come to our attention that some of our fuel card holders have contacted our fuel vendors directly and caused some frustraion for our vendors. Your agreement is directly with TSD not the vendors. Please contact us at 800-275-5089 if you have any questions or concerns. DO NOT contact the vendors. If we we find out that a card member has contacted a vendor directly, we will cancel their card.

Thank you for being a customer and your continued support.

Joy J Hanson CFO TSD Logsitics Inc.

This was posted on there FB page 2 days ago.

Does anyone know if the prices include taxes or does that vary by state? 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Howdy All,

A couple of weeks ago I got my TDS fuel card and instructions on how to use it in the mail.  I down loaded the app, the nearest place that would give a discount was a Loves that was 75 miles away from my home.  According to the app, this was a week ago the cost per gallon for diesel was $1.56, the pump prices was $2.63

Today I went to pick up my toy hauler that needed to have the slide repaired, the shop was about 5 miles from this Loves so after I picked up the trailer  I drove to the Loves and figured I would try out the card.  I did FOLLOW the instructions that came with the card, it wouldn't work, tried three times, each time the screen showed different choices, finally on the third try it worked.  Price on the pump was $2.60 the app was NOT working so I couldn't see in advance what the card price was.  As I didn't know how this was going to turn out I only put in $100.00 worth of fuel, darned glad I did as the app later showed the price charged to my checking account, $93.17

So $100.00 worth of fuel at pump price of $2.60 per gallon gave me 38.462 gallons of fuel;

$100.00 minus $93.17 equals $6.83; savings

93.17 dollars divided by 38.462 gallons equals card price of $2.526 per gallon.

Where I usually fill up is the pump price NOW is $2.109 per gallon.

So either this card is not worth having, Loves has changed their deal with the folks who hand out the card, "OR" something is wrong with the app that showed the heavily discounted price a week ago but FAILED to show a price today when I used the card.

Sure glad I didn't pump 300 gallons using this card.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

25 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

I guess you didntt get the email confirming the change in the discount rate with Love’s. The discount is now $.16 /gal. 
The best discount as of today is with TA/Petro!

Best TDS daily rates can also be fount here...

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/daily-rates/

Howdy DesertMiner,

I looked back through my emails, yes I got it, missed reading it, paid for that mistake today.

I went to your link, couldn't find anyplace that listed prices, just locations.

I have not made a habit of fueling at the large truck stop chains as they jack the price of fuel up so much higher then most other places where you can get fuel.  I usually can get where I am going I have 1,500 mile range with full tanks before I have to fuel and then just buy it where I can get it cheaper after I drop the trailer.  I was looking forward to using this card as the prices I saw on the app looked to be anywhere from $0.50 / $1.00 cheaper but if they are only giving 16 cents at the big truck stops it's not worth bothering with.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

37 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

I was looking forward to using this card as the prices I saw on the app looked to be anywhere from $0.50 / $1.00 cheaper but if they are only giving 16 cents at the big truck stops it's not worth bothering with.

Dave

Dave, That's the discount that Loves is giving.  Other stations may have better discounts.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins