No power to LNB?

I have DirecTv with a Winegard Travler dish. I have had this set up for over 3 years now. I purchased the rig in 2017. It came with the Travler already installed. The rig is a 2015 and the original owner purchased it in July of 2014 so I am guessing that the equipment is almost 6 years old. Everything worked fine in the past. I moved to a new location yesterday. The dish locked onto the satellites fine and all worked well. This morning I turned on the tv and all was well. This afternoon I turned on the tv and I got an error message from DirecTv, error code 775 saying that the receiver could not connect to the sat. I powered of the receiver and powered it back on but got the same error message. I then powered down the dish and powered the dish back on. The Winegard power box now says no power to LNB. I don’t even know what an LMB is or where it gets its power. Would appreciate any help troubleshooting this problem. Thanks in advance. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

The common cause is the cable from the turret and up the arm to the LNB,  Low Noise Block amplifier, which is the stuff at the end of the arm. If you can read the voltage at the end of the arm.  Should be 13V DC or 18VDC depending on polarity selected by the receiver for the channel selected.

I have replaced that cable twice in ten years. Can be purchased from Winegard. Replacement requires being on the roof.

Good luck,

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

Well after changing the coax cable between the turret and the LNB, everything worked. Simple fix. Unfortunately just after I got it fixed it started to rain and I lost my signal. The clouds have pasted and I’ve got my signal back. Thanks all for your help and suggestions. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer