Los Algodones

pinger

34 minutes ago, bobsallyh said:

The public parking lot is owned by the Quechan Indian Tribe. They own it and maintain it. Hundreds of parking spaces and no such thing as a reservation. Commercial buses out of Phoenix use it for dental and med runs. Buses and RVs cost more to park.

Ahh yes.  Thanks!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

18 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

I wasn't down, but this AM (Thursday) but it is reported that the $6.00 Indian parking lot is closed. Really don't know more but if I hear more will report. You can still park north along the shoulder of the road and walk, long, hot walk. 

There's no way that the shoulder parking along the road would hold the hundreds of vehicles that use the pay parking lot.  It might be OK at this time of year when the snowbirds are gone, but certainly not during the winter.  Hopefully, it will open again before the winter season starts!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

17 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

Linda, it is supposed to reopen Monday. 

That's good to know.

We normally stay at the Pilot Knob LTVA just west of there and go across the border at least once or twice during the season, so use that lot each time we go.  What with the virus, I'm not sure we'll be making the trip to Algodones this coming winter season, assuming we even head south (yet to be determined).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul