KEEP THE CAMPGROUNDS OPEN PETITION

rynosback

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Independent Lady said:

I'm putting an end to this ridiculousness. I have come on here with the very best of intentions, and met with such denial, resentment and anger, it's a waste of my time. So everyone, do whatever you want, who cares, right? CDC guidelines must be right, that's the government, so we'll all be safe, right? Camp where ever you want, don't listen to anyone who has an opinion other then yours.Ā 

I am well aware of situational awareness, and this situation has made me very aware of the denial that rages here. I feel bad for all of you who don't get it.

There are some who do, and they have contacted me but I will not disclose who there were. Keep your heads in the sand, drive all over this country and tell yourselves you're not infecting anyone. Good luck

BarbaraĀ 

Ā 

<WAVING> Bye Bye.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

7 minutes ago, mptjelgin said:

I was the one that mentioned her running her mouth. And I stand by it...šŸ™‚

She must be getting confused then. Funny that she still does not just get it. Sad really.Ā 

1 minute ago, Independent Lady said:

Ryno, nice try. I left him. He did whatever he wanted with no care in the world about hurting anyone else's feelings. He wasn't worth the time even trying to reason with.

Get it?

I'm doneĀ 

If that is what you want to tell your self to sleep at night.

Bye Bye.

25 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Previously, when you were telling me how to run a campground, I figured you had never worked in one because of the advice you gave.

Sorry that you think that if a campground is open that everything has to be open. I have stayed at a couple in the past 6 weeks that all of theĀ amenities whereĀ closed. The clubhouse, pool, bath houses, office, store, basically everything but your spot. This way you had to be self contained and just had access to your FHU. This is nothing I told them on how it needed to be run, the people that ran it did it on there own and for safety reasons. And I agree with what they did. As things are not black and white, they chose to open and work in the gray, so to speak. But most were shut down by the government, with no thought to people that relyĀ on them.Ā 

Edited by rynosback

What is going on here? I posted this thread two months ago for RVers to sign a petition to keep campgrounds open. Especially for us full timers and workers who live on the road toĀ follow the work. Seemed to be going smoothly until the last couple of days. Just trying to understand the friction that some people are causing. This thread was intended to help us RVers and make sure that we had a place to stay, plane and simple. And this was the best place to post it as Escapees looks out for our rights as RVers. Am I missing something?Ā 

32 minutes ago, rynosback said:

What is going on here? I posted this thread two months ago for RVers to sign a petition to keep campgrounds open. Especially for us full timers and workers who live on the road toĀ follow the work. Seemed to be going smoothly until the last couple of days. Just trying to understand the friction that some people are causing. This thread was intended to help us RVers and make sure that we had a place to stay, plane and simple. And this was the best place to post it as Escapees looks out for our rights as RVers. Am I missing something?Ā 

It only takes one... I would just disengage. Just like most social media, I don't think anyone is going to change anyone's mind. It HAS been illuminating... And humorous. Jay

Ā 

Ā 
Ā 

41 minutes ago, Jaydrvr said:

It only takes one... I would just disengage. Just like most social media, I don't think anyone is going to change anyone's mind. It HAS been illuminating... And humorous. Jay

I agree. Sometimes I turn the other cheek, but sometimes I just come back at them, as you can see. And do so with a smile on my face.Ā 

7 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Like I said, I've got a whole lot more questions than answers.

You aren't the only one.Ā  What's scary to me is that I can't come up with a good solution scenario I believe in.Ā  I continue to hope that there will be progress with respect to anti-viral drugs since many researchers think that we'll be able to find drugs that mitigate the disease before we will find a workable vaccine.Ā 

It we could treat the disease effectively we might be less afraid to simply let it run its course.Ā  We "live" with seasonal flu and are willing to take the 0.1% fatality rate.Ā  What makes COVID-19 so scary is that we keep finding new "syndromes" related to it like the inflammatory response being found in some children and serious blood clots in some adults.Ā  Until we better understand the scope of the disease it's difficult to know what fatality rate we're really dealing with.Ā  At this point we don't even know for sure if people who have recovered from the virus are immune to it, even for a little while.

I think this last point is key to going forward.Ā  If people who have recovered from the disease are unlikely to catch it again then a going forward path becomes Ā definable. Regardless of how many people die in the process, if we know there's survival "on the other side" at least that's a viable end state.Ā  Those who survive the disease could go back to their normal lives and others could continue to take precautions depending on their risk levels.

However, one has to recognize that the alternative case could also be true--that people who survive the disease aren't immune to it and can catch it again.Ā  Ā I recently read a recent research paper where groups of people were studied with respect to catching other corona viruses a second orĀ third time. The conclusion of that paper was that no immunity was conferred by having once had it but that in most cases the severity of subsequent cases was similar to that of a person's first case.Ā  So if you survived it the first time you'd probably survive it if you caught it again.Ā  There's no guarantee that this paper has any relationship to what will happen with COVID-19 but it is an example of what could be the case.

Sorry to end on such a cheery note.Ā  I wish I could feel comfortable as to how this will end, but I'm not and I don't know what the "new normal" is going to be for the foreseeable future.

Joel (AKA docj)

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

12 hours ago, rynosback said:

Seemed to be going smoothly until the last couple of days. Just trying to understand the friction that some people are causing.

For some reason, there are a few people on these forums who want to argue about everything related to COVID19 and they seem to divert every thread possible in that direction. I was quite surprised that this one got as far as it did before that happened. At least the regular contributors who are guilty of starting that seemed to stay out this time but INDEPENDENT LADY appears to have returned just for that purpose. I remember her from a couple of years ago when she joined the forums to ask about becoming a fulltimer with no previous RV experience. She fought anyone who disagreed with her plans and eventually announced in anger that she was leaving the forums. Aren't we surprised that she wasn't happy on the road?Ā 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Ā 

54 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

For some reason, there are a few people on these forums who want to argue about everything related to COVID19 and they seem to divert every thread possible in that direction. I was quite surprised that this one got as far as it did before that happened. At least the regular contributors who are guilty of starting that seemed to stay out this time but INDEPENDENT LADY appears to have returned just for that purpose. I remember her from a couple of years ago when she joined the forums to ask about becoming a fulltimer with no previous RV experience. She fought anyone who disagreed with her plans and eventually announced in anger that she was leaving the forums. Aren't we surprised that she wasn't happy on the road?Ā 

Or that she's single??

Ā 

Ā 
Ā 

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

I remember her from a couple of years ago when she joined the forums to ask about becoming a fulltimer with no previous RV experience. She fought anyone who disagreed with her plans and eventually announced in anger that she was leaving the forums. Aren't we surprised that she wasn't happy on the road?Ā 

I recall her well.Ā  She started knowing nothing and quickly became a self-appointed, argumentative expert.Ā  When she didĀ  finally get out on the roadĀ she was absolutely in love withĀ RVing and the Western USA one week, and hated everything about it the next.Ā  I think that she lives in a "Black and White" world, and sees things in a very specific way. Her way.Ā 

I do think it odd that she returned to the forums specifically to set everyone straight on COVID-19.Ā Ā 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Interesting thread for sure! I remember my father telling me once, when I was all pissed off about something and threatening to leave home, ( I was probably in my early teens LOL) He saidĀ  "Oh please don't go away all pissed off...but do please go away."Ā 

2019 Thor ARIA 3901: 2019 Jeep Wrangler:

48 minutes ago, mptjelgin said:

Wow. She really pulled the plug on the forum.Ā  Everything that she ever posted is gone. I didn't know you could do that!!

What happened was that she deleted all of her posts and part of the housekeeping that we volunteers do is to hide deleted posts. Much the same as is done with spam posts. That is where she went.Ā 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

What happened was that she deleted all of her posts and part of the housekeeping that we volunteers do is to hide deleted posts. Much the same as is done with spam posts. That is where she went.Ā 

Did she go back to all of those discussions from a few years back and delete those as well?Ā  There was some pretty good stuff in those!

I guess this is the definition of taking your ball and going home!

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

4 hours ago, mptjelgin said:

Wow. She really pulled the plug on the forum.Ā  Everything that she ever posted is gone. I didn't know you could do that!!

She was deleting her posts. She said that she was going to ask if they could delete her account. I just simply said, just donā€™t log on anymore.Ā 

3 hours ago, Kirk W said:

But she has been quoted, so her words live on as she can not delete what she said when someone quotes her.Ā 
I had several PMs with her eventually. She thought that Kirk in particular and I were ganging up on her. I tried to be as kind as I could explaining how and why this happened, and she just did not get it. I guess some people just donā€™t and never will.Ā 

3 hours ago, mptjelgin said:

Did she go back to all of those discussions from a few years back and delete those as well?Ā  There was some pretty good stuff in those!

I guess this is the definition of taking your ball and going home!

Stuff as in information or reading someone self destruct?Ā