Planning on still going on vacation.

Parrformance

We have had a trip planned for 6 months, we still plan to go.

We are heading up into the Tennessee mountains for some Jeep riding and relaxing.

Has anyone been out on the highway, is traffic lighter or about the same as usual?

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Mornings are madness, here in Phoenix valley. As the departures of the day head out, the crowds are slowly thinning out. About 2 weeks earlier than usual. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Parr,

We live in the foothills of the Smokies.  People are still out and about, but stock up on groceries and paper supplies as the empty shelves has hit here.  Produce is limited and just today my daughter said meat products are less than usual.  Also there was no milk in the supermarket.  Restaurants and other venues are shutting down until early April.  Don’t know where you’re going to camp but would give them a call to make sure they’re staying open.  Hate to be doom and gloom but reality.  If you’re well supplied and don’t need restaurants you’ll probably have a thin crowd to compete with.  BTW at present only one case reported in Knoxville area and that is a traveler returning from Europe.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

"Craziness" at the market - whether large or small. -  No matter where you are - or where you travel.

Some are obvious - kids out of school, mom's at home - cooking, baking etc.  Previously - you didn't buy groceries on the weekends if you could help it.  Now for "shopping" - every day is a Saturday.

Good comparison:  The Kohl's (favorite for the women folk) parking lot has lots and lots of open spaces.  Markets are just the opposite!

Short supply - or none: 

Milk, eggs, bottled water, TP sugar, rice (like Minute rice, etc), produce, TV dinners.  Ask when things like eggs or produce are delivered.

Received an e-mail from the county libraries - probably about 20.  All are closed  (kids would go to the local branch after school)  - think the library figures they will be overwhelmed by being school-room replacements. Don't return any items checked out.  Ignore the return dates!  Don't drop off at/in return bins.

BE SURE to check with campgrounds whether .....private, city, county, state, fed - to see if they are open and if there are any possible changes on the horizon. 

Plan well, good luck -  enjoy your trip!

We have enough food on board for 8 to 10 days, we also have enough water for 5-7 days.

We have kept in contact with the destination, and they have no plans to close.

Hopefully this media fear mongering will pass soon.

Thanks for the advice Suite, and Pappy.

Jackalopee

We leave 28 March, after I retire, for a 9 month trip.  Prepared to boondock.  Hope campgrounds do not overreact!!

Worst case is some states start putting on travel restrictions, that would really crimp our plans.

Fingers crossed...

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

I don't see travel as an issue YET, the bigger issue may be quarantine.     There are local/regional quarantine periods for people that come from other areas.     Being outside away from other groups of people is not an issue at this time.     Provisioning may be the issue as time goes on, especially if you are not a local?     

The stores here in Hutch are not that bad; eggs, milk, bread etc still OK but thinner than usual.    Kroger has a huge distribution center here, out in the smaller markets it may not be as well stocked?      Gas and diesel are going to get down right cheap so that is a plus.     There are rumors of travel restrictions, how that plays out is anyone's guess?

Being out in the wild away from others is not a bad idea at the moment, just keep up to date with the changing policies and directives in the areas you travel.

Steve   

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Congratulations Mr. Brad on your retirement.

I am so ready to bug out.  My wife has been preparing for our trip as usual and as usual we have enough food and supplies for a small army.

We have enough fuel on board to travel to our destination AND back. Benefit of the HDT🚛,

We will be away from everyone for 10 days.

I can't think of a better move to keep my family safe.

Stay safe everyone,

Michael

Jackalopee

We are still planning on going to Deer Run (ECR location) in April and will check with the resort when it gets closer, I am hoping campgrounds won't be affected but ones with restaurant or bars on site may have them closed. It may also be hard to do site seeing if the places you want to hit are closed.   The bigger issue will be where to make potty stops as we are hearing that some states are closing rest areas. Of course we will have the trailer and can use our own facilities if we can find a safe place to pull off. Our next trip will be in May which will be to Wisconsin and Missouri so hopefully things will be better then. The trip for June will include Canada and that is the one spot I think may be cancelled if they close the borders.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I got an email from Red Rock 4X4 an outfit out of Moab UT that has an off road rally every year at Easter time. The rally has been canceled. The local government (not sure if city or county) is closing all campgrounds for the next 30 days and is making everyone already there to leave the campground they are in. I have NOT verified this info. It’s just an FYI to everyone that you should call ahead to any campground you are heading to anywhere for the next few weeks. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

25 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

I got an email from Red Rock 4X4 an outfit out of Moab UT that has an off road rally every year at Easter time. The rally has been canceled. The local government (not sure if city or county) is closing all campgrounds for the next 30 days and is making everyone already there to leave the campground they are in. I have NOT verified this info. It’s just an FYI to everyone that you should call ahead to any campground you are heading to anywhere for the next few weeks. 

Thanks for sharing this. I heard last night about the Safari being cancelled. Was heading out next week to spend a week on the rocks. Hopefully this mess will go away soon! 

Andy 

2011 Volvo 730

2017 Spartan Toy Hauler

2021KTM 300 XC-W 

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/uWKtUjj.jpg "target=new"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uWKtUjjl.jpg "border=0"[/IMG][/URL]

20 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Parr,

We live in the foothills of the Smokies.  People are still out and about, but stock up on groceries and paper supplies as the empty shelves has hit here.  Produce is limited and just today my daughter said meat products are less than usual.  Also there was no milk in the supermarket.  Restaurants and other venues are shutting down until early April.  Don’t know where you’re going to camp but would give them a call to make sure they’re staying open.  Hate to be doom and gloom but reality.  If you’re well supplied and don’t need restaurants you’ll probably have a thin crowd to compete with.  BTW at present only one case reported in Knoxville area and that is a traveler returning from Europe.

There is milk you can get that requires no refrigeration until opened..is it Milk to go??

On 3/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, rdickinson said:

There is milk you can get that requires no refrigeration until opened..is it Milk to go??

Evaporated milk can be reconstituted to regular milk. Don't count on finding any dry milk. Its all gone also.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

We arrived in TN yesterday, went to the Wal-Mart and bought a few last minute things.  There were no eggs, but we bought TP👍.  We really had everything we needed so no worries.

The store here was not so wiped out as FL stores are.  The folks up here are used to taking care of themselves, so I suspect less panic buying.

Jackalopee

Parr,

Have fun. We are making our last minute Kroger run today then sheltering for the next couple of weeks. Not to be doom & gloom but looks like we’re just starting the upslope in East TN. Should peak in 2-3 weeks then start disappearing.  Finished Andy Griffith reruns now to Gunsmoke and Rifleman. Everyone stay safe. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Good luck Suite, we are social distancing in the mountains, only family within 50 feet of us.

J7

Just finished steak and onions, with my wife my son and my daughter in-law👍

Jackalopee

Used to be, we'd "hang out".  Now we shelter in place.  And  we aren't "anti-social", now it's "social distancing".   New terms for old stuff. 😉 

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

My guess is, since the hoarders have "extra-full" fridges, the supply chains for food and other necessities will quickly catch up and next week shelves will start to getting back to normal...we'll see.  Liking the diesel prices though!

Lots of BLM for us in the next three weeks, and then a private campground in CO that plans to stay open, near our youngest daughter.  She's working as an occupational therapist in a couple hospitals and she's due in two months.  Praying she and our soon to be grand-daughter avoid the virus...

Brother in DC area tested positive last week.  Symptoms were very  mild, not even as bad as the flu he said.  Isolating in home.  Docs told him worst symptoms usually occur around Day 5, so he things he was lucky and got a mild case!

Good luck to all over the next few months.

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

We are glad we chose to persevere, we came to TN, to "social distance" with my wife, son, and daughter in-law.  We had enough provisions and supplies, we have not had to interact with anyone.

We have learned that the CG we are in will be closing at noon on Friday.

We were/are leaving by 11:00am on Friday👍.  We have had the best trip any of us can ever remember.

Michael

Jackalopee

Yes, at Windrock, we noticed the light highway traffic as well.

We drove through Atlanta last Thursday at 7:00 pm, never slowed down.

Jackalopee

11 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

have fun, you at Winrock? I drove truck down to south GA to get worked on Monday. Headed back to Mid TN tomorrow. Freeways are light.

Be safe Shannon.  Nashville area is the epicenter of the Tennessee viral outbreak.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3